Research Engineer - Tissue Vascularization
Aspect BiosystemsVancouver, BC13 days ago
We are seeking a talented and motivated Research Engineer to join our multidisciplinary R&D team dedicated to driving our therapeutic portfolio from discovery stage through scaleup to clinical manufacturing. You will take significant ownership over the strategic design and fabrication of bioprinted therapeutics created by our 3D bioprinting technology, as well as the tissue vascularization aspects of our in vivo programs. With a passion for driving high-impact projects, you will make major scientific laboratory-based contributions to the research goals of our life-saving therapeutic programs. This includes planning and performing lab experiments, analyzing data, and presenting the result to a diverse audience.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design, shape, and execute scientific studies such as developing and testing vascular architectures for our implantable bioprinted therapeutics.
- Develop and implement foundational technologies for bioprinting tissues with vasculogenic potential, including analytical methods for in vitro qualification of vascularized tissue implants.
- Design and develop fabrication methodologies for implantable bioprinted therapeutics, including development and application of vasculogenic biomaterials into bioprinted tissues.
- Optimize vascular cell integration into bioprinted tissues and co-culture of vascular cells with other primary mammalian cell types.
- Fabricate and conduct in vitro and in vivo characterization of vascular networks and engineered tissue function.
- Design and test optimal surgical approaches for implantation of cellular devices.
- Create SOPs, deliver experimental reports, support patent applications, and present experimental results to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Contribute to development of project milestones, timelines, and product deliverables, working with senior R&D management and therapeutic tissue program teams.
- Liaise with our manufacturing and regulatory team to develop stage-appropriate device manufacturing processes.
- Maintain clear and rigorous experimental records, including electronic laboratory notebooks.
- Pro-actively investigate and improve existing methods and techniques.
- Become an expert user of Aspect’s microfluidic 3D bioprinting technology.
- Contribute technical expertise in vascular biology to shape therapeutic strategies and programs.
WHO YOU ARE
- Education: MSc or PhD mechanical engineering, bioengineering, cell biology or similar discipline.
- Professional Experience: You have 3+ years of experience in a post-doctoral, biotech or commercial setting.
- Tissue Engineering Expert: Subject matter expert in tissue engineering or biomedical engineering, with a focus on tissue vascularization.
- Cell Culture Experience: Experience with multiple primary or stem cell types, specifically in human vascular 3D cell or organoid culture..
- Beneficial Experience: Experience in 3D bioprinting or assessing tissue vascularization in vivo using small and/or large animal models.
- Detail-Oriented: You have outstanding attention to detail and experimental and process rigour. You take pride in your work and strive for excellence.
- Intellectually Curious: You have a burning desire to learn more and aren’t afraid to ask questions.
- Collaborative: You thrive in a multi-disciplinary team environment and believe that we can get further, faster by working together.
WHO WE ARE
Aspect Biosystems is a Canadian biotechnology company combining the power of microfluidics and 3D bioprinting to create bioprinted therapeutics. Our bold team of innovators and entrepreneurs have joined us from all over the globe to move the needle on 3D bioprinting and work towards a future where our technology is used to save lives and make people healthier.
We are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do. Our team is always excited to learn and roll up our sleeves to make a difference in the ever-changing world of biotech. We believe that every person on our team is a key contributor to our success. If you are committed to make a real impact and accelerate the development of biotechnology, we want to hear from you!
The environment at Aspect is fast-paced, collaborative, ever-changing, and supportive. We are looking for team players who bring substantial expertise and competency in their field. We offer competitive compensation packages and benefits with excellent opportunities for personal growth and career development.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We very much appreciate your interest in a position at Aspect and thank all candidates for applying. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.