Research Scientist - Muscle Tissue Engineering
Aspect BiosystemsVancouver, BC13 days ago
We are seeking a talented and motivated Research Scientist to join our multi-disciplinary R&D team. This role will involve taking significant ownership over the strategic design and development of our 3D bioprinted skeletal muscle model. You should have a passion for driving high-impact projects and are expected to make major scientific, laboratory-based contributions to the research goals of our life-saving tissue programs. You will work closely with a team of cell biologists, biomaterials experts and engineers, along with senior management, to develop functional bioprinted muscle tissues and transform the way we develop therapeutics to treat disease.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Use our 3D bioprinter to develop, fabricate and optimize muscle tissue models that support cell function.
- Design, shape and execute scientific studies to drive our skeletal muscle model tissue program.
- Develop and test new printable biomaterials and novel printing protocols to support 3D skeletal muscle cell differentiation and tissue function.
- Work with scientists and engineers to ideate, manufacture, and test complementary technology to optimize bioprinted skeletal muscle differentiation and function.
- Proactively investigate and improve existing methods,techniques, and standard operating procedures.
- Drive key research program milestones by analyzing data, interpreting results and presenting information through experimental reports and presentations.
- Liaise closely with scientists within external partner organizations to communicate results and maintain project alignment.
- Maintain clear and rigorous experimental records, including electronic laboratory notebooks.
- Become an expert user of Aspect’s microfluidic 3D bioprinting technology.
- Contribute to intellectual property disclosures and other technical documentation.
WHO YOU ARE
- Education: MSc or PhD in cell biology, bioengineering, or similar discipline.
- Professional Experience: 3+ years of experience in a post-doctoral, biotech, or commercial setting.
- Tissue Engineering Expert: Subject matter expert in tissue engineering with a focus on muscle biology. Experience with primary human skeletal muscle cells is an asset.
- Detail-Oriented: You have outstanding attention to detail as well as experimental and process rigour. You take pride in your work and strive for excellence.
- Intellectually Curious: You have a burning desire to learn more and aren’t afraid to ask questions.
- Thrive in Ambiguity: You are highly adaptable, agile, and poised when faced with change, ambiguity, and competing priorities.
- Collaborative: You thrive in a multi-disciplinary team environment and believe that we can get further, faster by working together.
- Creative: You find creative biological, biomaterial, and engineering solutions to complex biological challenges.
WHO WE ARE
Aspect Biosystems is a Canadian biotechnology company combining the power of microfluidics and 3D bioprinting to create bioprinted therapeutics. Our bold team of innovators and entrepreneurs have joined us from all over the globe to move the needle on 3D bioprinting and work towards a future where our technology is used to save lives and make people healthier.
We are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do. Our team is always excited to learn and roll up our sleeves to make a difference in the ever-changing world of biotech. We believe that every person on our team is a key contributor to our success. If you are committed to make a real impact and accelerate the development of biotechnology, we want to hear from you!
The environment at Aspect is fast-paced, collaborative, ever-changing, and supportive. We are looking for team players who bring substantial expertise and competency in their field. We offer competitive compensation packages and benefits with excellent opportunities for personal growth and career development.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
We very much appreciate your interest in a position at Aspect and thank all candidates for applying. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.