Ruby on Rails Engineer
DribbbleCanada15 days ago
Founded in 2009, Dribbble is the top global community for designers and creative professionals and an inspiration destination for over a hundred million people every year. We're empowering creatives around the world to make a living doing what they love. Our mission is to provide support at every stage of a creative's journey; whether that's freelancing, selling their physical and digital goods, or being hired by some of the world's leading design-forward companies.
With many jobs, you have to pick between having a huge impact on the organization (small team) or having a huge impact on the world (big product), but at Dribbble - you get to do both, as part of a 30+ person team, working on one of the world's top 1000 websites. We're searching for someone with a passion for solving complex technical problems with elegant solutions, that thrives in a collaborative environment, welcomes feedback and exhibits strong attention to detail to join our engineering team.
At Dribbble, we serve a global community and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. Women, people of colour, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Our engineering team today is currently 60% female. We provide an accessible candidate experience, and if you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know. We're dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for employees from all walks of life.
We’re building a fully remote team across Canada. We believe that creative collaboration can happen anywhere, and that working remotely shouldn’t have to mean sacrificing a sense of cohesion, community, and connection. We've seen that by combining thoughtful collaboration, frequent communication, and the freedom for people to be their authentic selves, you can do your best work and inspire others to do the same.
Our Tech Stack:
- Dribbble runs its backend primarily in Ruby on Rails as a majestic monolith with a focus on clarity, maintainability and a solid test suite.
- We use PostgreSQL for application data, with a dash of Redis and Elasticsearch.
- A rich set of tools support our engineering and platform with immediate feedback on our efforts, like performance tracking, error reporting, event tracking, automated tests of every commit, and uptime & platform health tracking.
We're looking for someone who's excited about:
- Planning, building, and iterating on new and existing features with an eye toward steady, incremental improvements.
- Being part of scoping, planning and implementation for key product features, from start to finish; we believe engineering and product are on the same team.
- Writing automated tests to ensure quality and consistent user experience.
- Identifying areas of improvement or technical debt within our code base, and working to resolve it.
- Contributing within a growth-minded culture to help drive our business and our community forward.
- Taking ownership of their work. Whether it's a nasty bug or an awesome feature, you put your name on every line of code.
Perks and benefits:
At Dribbble, you’ll join a diverse team dedicated to learning, teaching, and growing; as individuals, as a team, as a business, and as a community. As a workplace, we pride ourselves on doing right by our employees, and have a benefits package that makes being a part of the Dribbble team a dream job and something to be really proud of:
- 100% remote: so you can work where you feel most comfortable and inspired.
- Stay healthy: Generous medical and dental for both you and your dependents.
- Relax and unwind: with plenty of paid vacation, and paid sick time for when you need it.
- Celebrate: we observe both US and Canadian holidays - and a whole week of rest in December.
- Family leave: Paid time off for when your family grows.
- Retirement plans: to help you save for the future.
- Fitness fund: to help you feel your very best.
- Equipment fund: so you can deck out your home office.
- Monthly coffee budget: Grab that latte - it’s on us.
- Learning and development: Keep growing with paid courses, books, and conferences.
- Hang out: we get together at least once a year for some in-person face time.
- Pro tools: MacBook Pro (or Air) and all the tools you need to do a great job.