ArchitechToronto, Remote10d ago
Architech is a Toronto-based software company with over 15 years of experience in creating technology solutions for clients across North America. We leverage the latest cloud technology and hire top talent to modernize applications so that businesses can succeed in today’s digital world.
Our Dream Team is based in Vancouver, Toronto, and Krakow, Poland. The team consists of over 100 certified technical experts in our Product, Design, Engineering, and Delivery disciplines. Our values drive our culture of success: Think Big, Be Open & Collaborate, Never Fail a Client, Grow Our People, Do the Right Thing, and Embrace Change.
It’s all about the environment
Satisfy your curiosity and desire to learn. You’ll work very closely with a diverse tight-knit group of creative people who are passionate about technology and software. Not only will you work in a collaborative and nurturing environment, you’ll also grow your existing skills while keeping up with current and upcoming IT industry trends.
We grow when you grow
We encourage and support continuous learning by ensuring everyone stays active in the tech community. To help you with this, we offer tools and programs such as Learning Budget, Certification Bonuses, Internal Bootcamps, Summit Days, Lunch & Learns and much more. And this is just the beginning. Check out all our other great benefits. Welcome to Architech.
As a Sales Engineer, you will evangelize our service offerings and help us build applications that people love. You will showcase your deep understanding of building modern applications using cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure in conversations with clients and partners.
You roll up your sleeves as an individual contributor on the team. You are adept at partnering with sales teams and translating client needs into a solution proposal. You are collaborative in partnering across Design, Engineering and Delivery teams to drive solution excellence; and display thought leadership and technical expertise in front of clients. You make magic happen during demos and workshops with clients.
You will be responsible for developing and recommending solutions including best practices for building modern applications to support our client’s digital transformation. You will define digital project strategies, accurate technical solution proposals, key success factors, engagement approaches, timelines and estimation to ensure successful project delivery and client outcomes. You pay specific attention to functional and non-functional requirements and the overall solution design and architecture – which ultimately drives the estimation process.
You will embrace opportunities to grow your career and contribute significantly to Architech’s success.
- Partner with Sales Account Manager to create business objectives, assess client’s goals and needs, and drive value for the client using Architech offerings.
- Assess customer’s requirements, define and manage scope and provide cost estimates for solutions across numerous verticals and industries.
- Act as a key resource in bringing solutions for approval to Architech’s CTO Office for solution and quality assurance and to ensure delivery standards are met.
- Provide technical expertise in cloud-native solution architecture, modern application design patterns and microservices based architectures.
- Lead the response to RFPs/RFIs/SOWs and produce documentation such as high-level architecture to support recommended solutions.
- Validate proposed project scoping with internal stakeholders including project managers, technical leads, designers, strategists and project teams.
- Document functional and non-functional requirements, system context model, component and operational architecture diagrams – with traceability to project estimation.
- Communicate architectural decisions to a varied audience including business and technology stakeholders from the conceptual to the physical perspectives. Identify and communicate solution trade-offs, technical design decisions, and provide accurate technical solution proposals based on client requirements.
- Ability to recognize and balance functional and non-functional requirements to ensure the optimal solution for the end customer.
- Leverage existing technology partners into proposed solutions to strengthen relationships.
- Transition project requirements to Delivery teams following sale completion for smooth implementation.
- Build prototypes and participate regularly in demos to clients and at tech industry events to positively represent Architech.
- Support Sales and Professional Services teams with delivery of the proposed solution
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Math or Engineering.
- Experience applying architecture methodologies, such as Open Group TOGAF or similar.
- Proven experience with the architecture, design, development, deployment and support of software projects.
- 6+ years of experience in IT industry working with different technologies with a major focus on cloud.
- At least 2+ years of experience in client-facing consulting environments with focus on pre-sales.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented and functional paradigms and architectural patterns.
- Understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends.
- Knowledge and experience with the JVM-based platforms and languages such as Java and SpringBoot.
- Solid understanding and experience with containers and a container orchestration platform, preferably Kubernetes.
- Solid understanding and experience with cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS or GCP including automated provisioning and management of services on those platforms.
- Solid understanding and experience with DevOps principles such as immutable infrastructure, CI/CD.
- Solid understanding of monitoring and logging considerations within a cloud based environment.
- Clear presentation and communication skills in customer interactions in a sales setting and externally at events.
- Team-first mentality.
- Adaptability to changing project and technology requirements while being hands-on with project teams.