SAP SD Consultant
Note: This position is going to be based in Richmond, Vancouver, BC. Relocation is required if the candidate is currently resident in another location.
The SAP SD Consultant is responsible for the implementation and ongoing support of the Sales and Distribution (SD) SAP module within the Company’s operations, including providing functional expertise, guidance, presentation, and instruction on system best practices to process owners. The consultant also shares industry experience for robust, integrated, and end-to-end solution recommendations to a business requirement.
In the role of SAP SD Consultant, you will possess and can demonstrate the following skills:
- Facilitates the implementation and support of SAP Sales and Distribution module to enhance the Company’s business functionality and overall performance, while maintaining a high degree of stakeholders’ satisfaction.
- Prepares detailed functional specifications for development activities including workflows, reports, interfaces, conversions, enhancements, and forms.
- Develops conversion and SD functions testing plan.
- Works with users to gather and interpret user/system requirements into design specifications.
- Develops and documents SAP functional, business and/or system interface requirements by analyzing Service Requests, Problem Reports and Change Requests and recommending changes to address requests.
- Leads users in detailed business process blueprint activities.
- Interprets those business project requirements and configuring SAP SD module to support those processes.
- Manages every aspect of project stage activity within SD area ensuring quality and accountability of the project completion.
- Ensures configuration of system integration points between SAP SD and other integrated modules like MM/WM including the integration thru SAP PO and 3rd party application like MS-BizTalk.
- Plans and leads performance, stress and other capacity testing scenarios on the SAP landscape and the management of transport requests.
- Ensures documentation and communication elements are maintained and meet the appropriate policy and corporate standards.
- Acts as liaison with key users for troubleshooting, investigates, analyzes, and solves software problems.
- Provides user-level consultation, which is not limited to coaching, resolution of issues, and analysis of issues to establish if there is a case for configuration changes or business process change requests via enhancement or improvements requests.
- Participates in the development, review of training materials and take part in training delivery where required for new releases of SAP or in cases of changes and enhancements in SAP functionality.
- Perform functional module, industry knowledge and other skills sharing relevant to improving the work effectiveness of the IT & SAP team and business users.
- Work Experience
- At least 8 years of experience implementing and supporting large SAP environment, preferably within manufacturing and production-based organization. Experience with SAP implementation or conversion a must.
- Must have thorough knowledge of setting up Sales Area, Master Data & Characteristics, Sales Order Management, Picking & Packing based on scanned units thru WM custom transactions, Delivery & Shipment Costs, Invoicing & Rebates processing, SD Information System, among others.
- Knowledgeable of SAP MM and WM module with integration/interface experience of SAP SD, MM, WM, and PP including non-SAP system is an asset.
- Experience to translate ABAP related development requirement including Reports, Transactions, CMOD, User exits, BADI Enhancements, Query, LSMW, etc.
- Critical thinker with demonstrated ability to apply to work under pressure in deadline driven environment.
- Ability to manage workload on various levels and effectively multitask.
- Demonstrated project management skills in the design, development, and implementation of large-scale projects.
- Ability to facilitate collaboration with internal and external groups to ensure participation of key stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills combined with excellent verbal and written communication skills. An active listener.
- Demonstrated high standards of integrity.
- Possess situational awareness of surroundings with the ability to adapt to new and changing environments, who can relate well at all levels.
- A high sense of urgency with regards to moving projects forward and making operational improvements.
- Skilled and experienced user of MS Word, MS Excel, MS power point, MS project, MS Visio tools.
- Involves extensive travel to Mills within Canada.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in: Information Systems, Engineering, Computer Science or similar degree.
- 8+ years previous experience working across a range of implementations, upgrade, and migration projects with at least 3 (three) full life cycle implementations as an SAP SD functional consultant.
- Must be SAP Certified in SD module with excellent integration knowledge of MM & WM module.
- Knowledge in PP is an extra point.
- Experience of working in large landscapes/environments/customers.
- Legally able to work in Canada. Visa sponsorship is not available.
Note: Only consider candidates who currently live in Canada and are eligible to work in Canada.