Are you a highly organized, people-oriented Scrum Master looking for an opportunity to make an impact in the world of technology?
Button is looking for you to join their growing team remotely!
You are a highly organized people person who enjoys leading and collaborating! You are passionate about your professional growth and invest in continuous learning opportunities to bring your career to the next level. You leverage your expertise to provide mentorship to your colleagues while embracing their unique backgrounds and strengths.
A Day in the Life
As Scrum Master at Button, you will:
- Support the team’s success and collaboration by facilitating meetings and communication.
- Leverage Button’s diverse resources to support the execution of projects.
- Invest in the development of relationships with our team and key stakeholders.
- Strengthen team dynamics by foreseeing and mitigating issues and conflicts.
- Spread the word at Button and with clients showing them the Agile mindset.
What You Bring to the Table
- 3 years of experience or equivalent educational background, working at least in 3 different projects and different teams
- You are a great communicator. You know how to bring everyone together!
- You are passionate about Agile, knowing what techniques should be applied in each situation.
- You are highly proficient in Agile lifecycle management practices and tools.
- You bring a solid understanding of software development lifecycles (SDLCs).
- You are skilled at understanding how to best manage and allocate organizational resources, including people, materials, assets, and budgets!
- You understand such topics as DevOps, data science, visualization, GIS, and full-stack development.
- You are passionate and capable of fostering and developing long-term relationships with stakeholders and our team members.
- You are intentional and skilled in developing working relationships that mitigate unproductive conflict. You know how to effectively resolve conflicts within the organization when they do arise.
- Professional Scrum Master Certification (at least CSM I, PSM I, or similar).
Bonus Points If You Have:
- Experience as a Project Manager, preferably working with hybrid projects.
- Training experience is definitely a plus.
Button’s team is integral to our efforts of creating a sustainable future using digital transformation. As you embrace this exciting opportunity to foster community connection, you can also expect:
- Work-life balance and employee wellbeing are a value of ours! We provide employees with 25 (15 days of vacation, 10 personal days) days of paid time-off and a competitive compensation plan.
- Prioritization of the wellbeing of our employees and their families with a generous benefits package and health spending account!
- A commitment to continuous learning and growth opportunities to help you realize your professional and personal goals.
- Friday Socials, Wellness Wednesdays, and birthday treats to celebrate your special day as a must-have for us. We like each other – a lot!
- A collaborative, inclusive, and positive work culture that praises flexible remote work -- you make your hours, as long as you’re able to meet with the team on PST time.
Since 2018, Button has been building reliable technology for government with the goal of creating a more sustainable future through digital transformation. Our agile, multi-disciplinary team works on truly impactful technology projects – from emissions reporting for climate action to creating solutions for managing a global pandemic. We create secure, easy-to-use systems that maximize citizen impact. We are passionate about creating stronger communities through technology, and have our sights set on expanding across Canada in 2021 and beyond.
Button is fully remote, as such, we’re welcoming applications from across Canada. Preference may be given to candidates in Victoria or Vancouver, BC. Must have a Canadian Work Permit.
Button is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive work environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and welcome everyone to our team. We hire talent regardless of “race, color, ancestry, place of origin, religion, family status, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, sex, age, sexual orientation, political belief, or conviction of a criminal or summary conviction offense unrelated to their employment”. Button encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Any information received that relates to accommodation will be addressed in a confidential manner.
Sound like something you could get behind? Excited to drive real, sustainable change?
Apply today with your resume and cover letter!