ImprovingCalgary2 days ago
Job Posting – Scrum Master
Created: February 18, 2021
Role: Scrum Master
Level: Intermediate to Senior
Contract Duration: 3 to 12 months, with possibility of an extension
Contract Start date: Between March and May 2021
Are you passionate about creating, developing and self-organizing teams to focus on delivering value, continuous improvement, and to be engaged and excited about their work? Do you enjoy the complexities, challenges, and rewards of mentoring and coaching teams to deliver value to the business every day? If so, we would love to hear from you!
What You’ll Do
- Provide leadership and mentor the team and project stakeholders on the Scrum Framework and the successful integration and adoption of Agile and Scrum best practices to drive successful project delivery and business impact.
- Facilitate open and frequent communication with the team and project stakeholders to identify risks, remove roadblocks and build an open and collaborative team environment.
- Utilize your knowledge and capabilities with integrating Agile methodologies and practices such as Continuous Delivery, DevOps, Kanban, Disciplined Agile, and other methodologies.
- Lead by example to encourage and support the team’s efforts towards collaboration and creative problem solving.
- Coach teams to not be disrupted by external interference and escalate issues to accelerate the resolution of delivery challenges to remove barriers to the delivery of value.
- Inspire the team to apply new practices to improve delivery of quality ‘done’ increments.
- Leverage your experience with Agile toolsets (Azure DevOps, Atlassian Stack, etc.) to help teams integrate Agile tracking for better forecasting for delivery.
- Support the Product Owner with maximizing value through release planning, managing the product backlog, and backlog refinement.
- A people-focused individual who is continually developing skills and insights into coaching and mentoring teams on self-organization, empiricism, Scrum Framework, Agile practices, and the adoption of new process and practices to support the success of people in the delivery of value.
- A highly self-motivated and driven servant leader with exceptional interpersonal skills, strong mediation capabilities, and experience navigating challenging environments.
- Able to juggle multiple projects, provide support for teams, manage conflicting priorities and remove roadblocks.
- Adept at leveraging effective techniques to quickly build a high-performing team.
- Great at setting up a team virtually and maintaining the health of a distributed team.
- A Certified Scrum Master with a product, management, and leadership mindset.
- A Scrum Master with over 5 years of direct experience.
- A professional that has experience with analytics and products.
Why You Should Apply
- Receive support and mentorship from the brightest, most experienced professionals in the industry.
- Gain exposure to multiple industries and technologies.
- Benefit from project delivery support and mentoring in your client engagements.
- Connect, engage, and have fun within a positive, inclusive atmosphere.
- Learn, grow, and share in the success and accomplishments with our clients and the Improving team.
Improving is a consulting company so many of our open positions depend on contractual agreements with our clients. Timing, required skills, and responsibilities may vary based on client engagement.