Shaw CommunicationsCalgary or Toronto3 days ago
A little about us
What we do at Shaw matters - in a world where being connected has never been more critical, we bring the best wireline and wireless technology and solutions together to create exceptional customer experiences. Every day we help millions of Canadians live their best-connected lives through the strength, capacity and combined power of our Fast LTE and Fibre+ networks.
At Shaw we say we’re brighter together, and we believe it’s the diverse mix of brilliant people here that really makes us shine. When you join our team, you’ll see we are so much more than just a company. Shaw connects you with limitless opportunity, an incredible culture, career development and a great benefits package. We are a friendly, collaborative group, and we have a lot of fun finding new ways to delight our customers.
Come dream bigger and brighter with Shaw.
Shaw Communications is currently seeking a Security Architect to join the Enterprise Security team. This role is based either in Calgary or Toronto and will report to the Manager, Security Architecture. As a Security Architect, you will primarily be supporting project and operational teams in their efforts to implement security controls and measures. You will be involved in planning, design, implementation and operational transition of security technologies and solutions that introduce new and extended security capabilities across the organization.
A typical day
• Use your extensive technical knowledge to play an integral role in the design and implementation of technologies aligning with Enterprise Security frameworks and standards.
• Participate in the design and delivery of infrastructure projects consisting of new security solutions and technological upgrades for a wide range of business needs.
• Develop roadmaps, blueprints, standards, and strategic architecture to ensure security solutions meet current and future needs/ requirements of the business.
• Provide Security Architecture designs and oversight for systems and projects and define solution level Security Architecture such as IAM, Cloud Security, Network Security solution, Endpoint Security solutions etc.
• Build and maintain relationships with people at various levels to communicate security values to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• Perform security risk assessments to ensure our adoption, usage, and disposal of digital technology meets our required security risk posture and compliance obligations.
• Over 7 years of cyber security experience, including over 3 years in a security architecture role, or similar
• Certifications in one or more of the following are required: CISSP, CISM, ISSAP, CRISC, SABSA, CCSP
• Familiarity with one or more of the following security architecture standards is an asset: SABSA, TOGAF, NIST, ISO 27002
• Experience working in an enterprise with diverse organizations, teams, practices, and technologies.
• Have strong analytical skills and deep security subject matter expertise across various platforms including non-security focused technologies.
• Experience building and maintaining Security documentation packages.
• Demonstrated experience in designing architectures to meet security and compliance requirements.
• Deep understanding of cloud technologies and cloud security models with hands-on experience on AWS, Azure or major cloud provider.
• Strong platform knowledge within the security environment which include implementation, capacity planning, and systems integration.
• Diverse understanding of security architecture and design best practices, processes, and concepts
• Hands on experience and aptitude with diverse security technologies.
• Experience presenting Security technical and compliance material to both technical and non-technical audience.
• Ability to perform effectively under tight deadlines with multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
• This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check.
• Applicants will be hired in any Shaw or Freedom location and based either in Calgary or Toronto.
Posting closing date:
February 24, 2021