Adastra corporation is hiring! As Canada’s leading Data and AI company, we are looking for a Senior AI Specialist to work with a team of Adastra consultants in delivering high-impact Advanced Analytics and Data Science projects.
The Senior AI Specialist will employ cutting-edge methodologies and robust analytical techniques to generate insights and create innovative models that enable our clients to uncover untapped revenue streams, optimize operational efficiencies, and mitigate risks.
Location: Hybrid (Toronto/Markham)
- Gather business requirements and identify opportunities for analytics and AI
- Extract, validate, and consolidate data from disparate sources
- Ensure compliance with data governance and architectural strategies
- Explore and apply model development toolkits and machine learning approaches
- Refactor and scale models for efficiency
- Deploy data preparation and model pipelines to client environments
- Present analytical results to technical and non-technical audiences using visualization tools
- Adhere to development best practices
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Undergraduate in STEM; Master's/Ph.D. preferred
- 2+ years of experience solving practical business problems
- Experience with data collection, data audits, cleaning/imputing, and deriving aggregate measures and business metrics
- Advanced proficiency in Python with expertise in programming, data analysis, cleaning, visualization, modeling, statistical analysis, and deployment
- Proficient in programming languages like Java or C++, including ability to write efficient and scalable code for building mathematical models and optimization algorithms
- Experience with analytical tools and frameworks such as Pandas, NumPy, Scikit-learn, Keras, TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.
- Familiarity with SQL and relational database management systems
- Experience training and scaling models, including predictive and prescriptive analytics applications
- Understanding of statistical principles and distributions
- Experience deploying and managing applications in the cloud (AWS, Azure, and/or GCP)
- Knowledge of software development practices, such as version control systems, DevOps, and collaborative toolsets
- Familiarity with Natural Language Processing (NLP) techniques and tools, which can be used to analyze and understand natural language data
- Familiarity with big data technologies, such as Hadoop, Spark, and NoSQL databases.
- Project management skills include ability to manage deadlines, collaborate with team members, and prioritize tasks
Required Soft Skills:
- Strong problem-solving skills: ability to analyze and solve practical/complex business problems using AI, machine learning, mathematical modeling and optimization techniques
- Ability to work collaboratively with other team members and clients to identify opportunities for analytics and AI
- Strong communication skills are essential: ability to write and communicate clear and concise technical concepts, documentation, reports, and presentations to non-technical stakeholders
- Critical thinking skills: ability to assess the feasibility and effectiveness of different models and methods, identify potential risks and limitations, and make data-driven decisions
- Creative thinking skills: ability to develop innovative solutions to complex problems and to think outside the box when traditional methods do not work
At Adastra, we transform the Data & Analytics space by providing cutting-edge Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Cloud, Digital and Governance services. Our consultants specialize in transforming enterprise applications and collaborate across functions, competencies, and sectors to help our clients harness and leverage their data assets, accelerate innovation, improve operational excellence, and create unforgettable customer experiences.
Adastra has been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 20 consecutive years, reinforcing our position as a best-in-class organization known for strategic excellence, innovation, and culture. People are at the core of Adastra's capabilities, and the Adastra Group has 2,500 consultants actualizing projects across 16 global branches.
There has been an increased instance of fraudulent job offers coming from people posing as Adastra HR employees. Please note that Adastra will never request fees as part of our recruiting process and any emails sent to you that are not from ‘@adastragrp.com’ or ‘@talent.icims.com’ are fraudulent. All employment offers are sent via DocuSign and if you receive an employment offer from a suspicious email and not via DocuSign, it is fraudulent.
Contact email@example.com to inquire about jobs at Adastra, to report a suspicious request for money or personal information from external websites or suspicious employment offers.
What We Offer
- Opportunity for advancement and career progression
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits plan
- Successful referral program
- A flexible and dynamic workplace
- The opportunity to work with one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies
- Satisfaction of working for a reputable company
Equal Opportunity Employer
In our commitment to promote fair and equitable treatment of all employees and applicants, Adastra Corporation provides equal employment opportunities for all individuals regardless of age, sex, disability, race, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sexual orientation, marital status or any other ground as described in the Ontario Human Rights Code. In addition, accommodation will be provided during the hiring process. Adastra Corporation’s implementation and support of employment initiatives, encourage diversified labour force participation and equal access to opportunities based on merit and performance.