Senior BackEnd Developer (PHP)
Reports to: Backend Lead / CTO
Jumbleberry is looking for an experienced Engineer to help bring our next-generation Media-Buying platform to market. Through a fusion of marketing, analytics, and machine learning, Jumbleberry helps aspiring brands acquire customers for a fixed, predictable cost. You’ll have the opportunity to wrangle data, uncover insights, and super-charge our automated systems and make a big splash along the way. As a product-oriented contributor you will help set the vision for the future of Jumbleberry, and make sure we build the team and systems to deliver on that mission.
Our developers wear many hats and tend to be involved with numerous technologies and stacks. Our frontend is in VueJS, our backend in PHP7 (Phalcon) and Lua (OpenResty), our networking and infrastructure are powered by AWS and Cloudflare, and it’s all stitched together with Ruby (Chef) and Python (Terraform and more).
We build analytics pipelines, recommendation engines, distributed systems, and killer front ends that have powered more than $500M in revenue over the past few years. Our team is small but effective and looking for some new faces who don’t shy away from challenges and have a relentless desire for self-improvement. Everyone excels in different areas, and we’ll let you choose what those are for you – we just ask that you bring your best.
Duties and responsibilities
- Participating in user story sessions, analysis, design, and implementation
- Ensuring that development projects meet business requirements and goals, fulfill end-user requirements and identify and resolve any system issues during development
- Assisting with code reviews with development team members
- Championing that technical vision with the development team and making sure it gets implemented while remaining hands-on with code
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with technical teams, business partners, and management
- Providing direction and feedback in areas of the applications that are not being monitored today, and providing strong technical guidance
- Making thoughtful and well-reasoned technology decisions while accounting for potential risks involved
Qualifications and Skills
- 5 years of experience designing, developing and implementing large scale applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of public cloud platforms, preferably AWS
- Previous experience with distributed systems, data pipelines, and machine learning systems is considered a big plus
Why People Love Working at Jumbleberry
COVID-19 hiring update: We have become a hybrid workforce!
Be it online or in person, you will work with smart, driven and fun-loving people in a culture that celebrates growth, collaboration and transparency in our performance business.
When we get together, its at our head office located in Liberty Village Toronto. Jumbleberry’s open-plan office is a thriving and energetic environment that we use for collaboration, coordination and catching up with each other. Dedicated to our team and providing a healthy work-life balance, we offer:
- Flexible health benefit plans to suit your needs and lifestyle
- Matching GRSP program
- Hybrid working conditions
- Learning and development opportunities
- Employee Recognition programs
- Frequent social and philanthropic events
- In office video games, Ping Pong table, board games, and lots of puzzles!
- Loads of snacks, coffee, and drinks when in office to keep you energized throughout the day