Parts Avatar is Canada's leading auto-parts e-commerce platform (www.partsavatar.ca). It is a recession-proof business, as the demand for parts increases when people don't want to spend on buying new cars. We are expanding at an incredible but careful pace, and we would love you to join our journey.
About The Role
As a senior backend engineer/tech lead, you will work directly with the CTO, and with our talented cross-functional teams to solve unique problems. The ideal candidate has an analytical mindset, thrives in an agile environment, and loves to write code. High-quality, maintainable code.
Key Features Of Our Platform
- API-first platform with well-documented OpenAPI specs for microservices
- Headless e-commerce solutions for major billion-dollar retailers in the autoparts industry
- Hybrid supply chain model to optimize capital cost structure (auto parts delivery is capital intensive) with highly reliable delivery times
- Well-integrated with major suppliers in the Canadian auto parts industry
- Best software development practices and early adopters of cutting-edge technology
You Will Love To Work With Us If You:
- Want to create distributed scalable systems architected on various AWS services like Lambda, Fargate, DynamoDB, Kafka, Docker, X-ray
- Want to design and implement independently deployable and scalable microservices in serverless framework
- Want to learn how to differentiate and pick the best data models and databases for given functional requirements
- Would like exposure to different kinds of databases like MongoDB, AWS Neptune, Elasticsearch, RDBMS and identify and leverage their performance characteristics
- Want to automate everything from DevOps with Terraform to Customer Service through advanced chat bots.
- Work closely with Product Managers and Data Scientists to implement critical e-commerce features and verify the impact in real-time
- Write and test code in CICD environment
- Want to understand how to debug the production issues in a distributed environment
Skills & Requirements
- 6-10 years of relevant experience
- Good problem-solving skills
- Hands-on experience with either Java or Python
- Hands-on experience with at least one relational database and one NoSQL database
- AWS familiarity is a plus
- Excellent coding skills - should be able to convert design into code fluently
- Strong sense of ownership - should take a requirement and implement features from start to finish
- Team management experience, to build a team of 3-4 developers around you.
We care about our customers and team deeply. We endeavor to continue improving PartsAvatar as a place where hires can produce their life's best work. Our team loves us as much as our customers do!
What You'll Love About Us
- Great Company Culture
- Optional equity in a fast-growing, well-funded startup
- Opportunity to move to Canada
- Competitive salary plus performance bonuses
- Powerful laptops and additional screens
- Time for self-learning
- Team events and outings
This is your chance to build your career and skills with a diverse team spread across Canada, India, US, and Ukraine. We need passion, intelligence, ambition, and a great attitude to take the Right to Repair movement forward, scale faster, and help people repair the cars they love. Find the job you love - join PartsAvatar!
PartsAvatar believes in equal opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or disability.
How To Apply
For faster application, please fill out this form: https://form.asana.com/?k=7j0KrB8nes6z8UhsV_oxOA&d=1203096050556854
We aim to respond to every application within 5 working days.