Helcim is searching for a talented Senior Brand Designer to join our Design team. The successful candidate will be responsible to keep evolving and improving our brand visual output and contributing to the Marketing Design operations, through the direction and guidance of the Design Team.
We're looking for someone with the capability to craft outstanding visual assets, has an impeccable sense of Design, and has an openness for learning and training junior designers. Helcim is a fast-paced, high-demand company and team members must work well under pressure. The ideal candidate will embody our values and culture, and be a steward of The Way of the Helcim (see link below to our culture book).
The mission of Design at Helcim is to clearly and cohesively communicate our product & brand value through unique and meaningful high-quality visual design.
What you will do:
- Applying a wide range of design solutions to communicate concepts, ideas, and messages effectively, while working alongside the Marketing Team
- Contribute to the training of junior designers… this is essential for us to scale
- Strong ability to draw and sketch ideas to communicate complex and abstract concepts… learn how to be courageous and purposeful at the same time
- Consistently apply the Helcim brand language across different mediums like: the Helcim Blog, email campaigns, and social media and more... become a Brand Ambassador
- Contributing to the ongoing maintenance and evolution of the Helcim public website’s visual assets
- Effectively weighing quality/quantity against resource availability, timelines, and collaborative considerations.
- Contributing to Improve DesignOps and maintain our internal digital asset library
Who you are:
- At least 3 years of experience working in the Design/Brand field
- Great sensibility for design & aesthetics… eventually this is the only technical skill we need.
- Outstanding creative problem solving skills
- Somebody who sees the world through the eyes of a designer
- Effectively communicates ideas by articulating design decisions from a business point of view.
- Jedi with the Adobe creative suite and complementary UX/UI tools such as Figma or Adobe XD … may the force be with you
- Always willing to take constructive criticism… we are nice but candid
- A team player who prioritizes collaborative work and “the good of the whole” over personal achievements
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, combined with strong interpersonal skills… don’t worry, don’t need to be Shakespeare
- Outstanding portfolio showcasing highly polished design material, compelling visual communication, and a professional level of polish and presentation… this is the most important component of the application.
- Experience in marketing/advertising
- Knowledge of UI/UX Design principles
- Understanding of HTML/CSS
Our mission is to be the world’s most loved payments company. Everyday we’re inspired to give small businesses every possible edge to thrive and enrich the souls of our communities. That’s why thousands of merchants across Canada and the US choose to partner with Helcim. We’re one of Calgary’s fastest growing fintechs - ranking on the Globe and Mail’s 2019 list of Canada’s Top Growing Companies, and Deloitte’s 2020 Technology Fast 500.
Culture is hugely important to us - we’re friendly and collaborative, working together to achieve big goals. We focus on hiring determined and passionate individuals, surrounding you with other amazing people, and strive for everyone to help create an environment where you can thrive and make an impact. We invite you to explore our culture book at: https://www.helcim.com/theway/
At Helcim we build teams of engaged, caring and intelligent people. In return we provide an environment where you’ll be excited to come to work each day and tackle challenges with your colleagues. As part of our team you’ll receive amazing benefits including a competitive salary, paid health benefits, stock options and generous vacation time. You’ll also enjoy company provided snacks and team lunches to keep yourself fueled and the opportunity to recharge and connect with your team members at company social events.
We invest a lot of time and energy imagining and creating a company and culture that encourages discussion, the trade of ideas, and the execution of amazing products and services. We’re friendly and collaborative, working together to achieve big goals. If you want to join our team and feel you can contribute to the growth and success of our company - we want to hear from you!
Join Our Team:
If you would like to be considered for this position, please submit your Resume, Portfolio, and Cover Letter through the "Apply for this Job" button. Please address your Cover Letter to Helcim Human Resources.
Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada and be located in Calgary for this position. Helcim uses a hybrid work structure where team members can work 3 days in the Calgary office (Monday/Wednesday/Friday) and 2 days (Tuesday/Thursday) at home. Staff are required to be fully vaccinated to work in our office and participate in company events.