Ministry of Education
Senior Business Analyst
$66,557.72 - $75,884.38 annually plus 6.6% Temporary Market Adjustment
The Ministry of Education provides leadership and funding to the K-12 system, through governance, and various acts, legislation, policy, and standards. The Ministry of Education’s Online Learning and Educational Resources Branch, within the Services and Technology Division in the Ministry of Education, provides three key and critical services for the K-12 Education system: Open School BC, ShareEdBC and Online Learning.
As a Senior Business Technical Analyst, you will be providing business analysis/consulting services and planning ongoing business and technology needs consistent with government and ministry strategic plans, system standards and interfacing requirements. You will provide expert advice to senior staff and lead multiple project teams. You will also be coordinating the application architectural planning and design, developing, testing, enhancing and maintaining applications of significant complexity (multiple platforms, environments and technologies requiring integration of new systems).
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Diploma or higher in Computer Science/Information Technology or related field and a minimum of 3 years of *recent, related experience; OR
- Certification in business analysis or related certifications (such as: Certified Business Analysis Professional, Certified Competency in Business Analysis) and a minimum of 4 years of *recent related experience; OR
- An equivalent combination of education and experience and a minimum of 5 years of *recent, related experience may be considered.
*Recent, related experience must have occurred in the last 8 years and must include ALL of the following:
- Business analysis experience including working with business users and/or subject matter experts to produce requirements (i.e., gap analysis, business process design, business rules, risk analysis and other analysis work products).
- Experience with each phase of the project management life cycle and/or systems development life cycle (SDLC).
- Experience leading/managing external contractors.
For more information and to apply online by December 1, 2021, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/82131