Senior Business Analyst
Shaw CommunicationsCalgary or Toronto3 days ago
A little about us
What we do at Shaw matters - in a world where being connected has never been more critical, we bring the best wireline and wireless technology and solutions together to create exceptional customer experiences. Every day we help millions of Canadians live their best-connected lives through the strength, capacity and combined power of our Fast LTE and Fibre+ networks.
At Shaw we say we’re brighter together, and we believe it’s the diverse mix of brilliant people here that really makes us shine. When you join our team, you’ll see we are so much more than just a company. Shaw connects you with limitless opportunity, an incredible culture, career development and a great benefits package. We are a friendly, collaborative group, and we have a lot of fun finding new ways to delight our customers.
Come dream bigger and brighter with Shaw.
As a Senior Business Analyst, you will help coordinate, communicate, design, plan, and iterate on stories that will advance the digital platforms. It is important that you demonstrate and promote collaboration. Also, through learning the business and understanding “Why” an initiative is important you will foster a shared understanding through effective communications and knowledge-sharing best practices.
A typical day
• Meet with decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business, financial, and operations requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve systems issues.
• Lead design sessions in prototyping new systems for the purpose of enhancing business processes, operations, and information process flow.
• Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
• Identify and establish scope and parameters of systems analysis in order to define outcome criteria and measure-taking actions.
• Possess an excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Coach, mentor, and provide direction to the BAs working on the platform.
• Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills
• Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Software Engineering
• Minimum of 7 years in a software development environment
• Minimum of 7 years of experience working in mixed philosophy (Agile, Waterfall, Iterative, etc.) software development environment
• Knowledge of the telecommunications (cable, internet, telephony, wireless) industry is an asset
• Excellent communication (written, oral, and listening)
• Diligent in following up and monitoring tasks
• Strong creative and analytical thinking abilities
• Strong problem solving and decision-making abilities
• Strong organizational and planning skills
• Strong presentation and facilitation skills at various levels of the organization
• Strong technical skills
• Exceptional motivation with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
• Good understanding of business processes and rules and how they apply to business success
• Outgoing nature with a positive, “can-do” attitude
• Customer focused
• Able to acknowledge, embrace, and adapt easily to change
• Work well under pressure to meet specific deadlines
• Deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy, and sincerity
• Able to quickly learn new business and technical concepts
• Comfortable to work in an open, highly collaborative, fast-paced, ever-changing team environment
• This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check.
• The successful candidate will be hired and based out of our Toronto Freedom location.
Posting closing date:
March 5, 2021