Who we are
Altus Group is a leading provider of software, data solutions and technology-enabled expert services to the global commercial real estate (CRE) industry. We are a single provider of end-to-end CRE solutions empowering clients to make informed decisions and drive strategic growth.
Headquartered in Canada, we have approximately 2,250 employees around the world, with operations in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. We are at the center of what drives the real estate industry and continue to break ground every day with innovative solutions and best practices that touch every aspect of the real estate life cycle.
We need a Senior Cloud Systems Engineer to join our team in Canada, preferably in Toronto, to support building and maintaining the infrastructure and network that hosts our flagship product. We need a self-starter who is excited by the opportunity to support the migration, availability, security, and releases of multiple global cloud products. You will quickly come up to speed and jump in to implement, monitor, diagnose, and debug in AWS Cloud. You will respond to availability alerts and security issues, identify gaps that need proactive resolutions, and collaborate across teams to plan for timely updates and releases.
Who you are
You are a Cloud Systems Engineer with proven abilities in understanding critical business and technical metrics. You are looking for your next challenge building and supporting the infrastructure for multi-tenancy, multi-tiered SaaS products. As someone who thinks of all manner of Infrastructure operations, you want to increase your hands-on exposure working with the latest tools at a scaling organization with complex cloud products for a global audience.
What’s in it for you?
Technical skills. Our Agile teams are passionate about technology, being involved at different levels, and cross-training on our products. There is endless scope for learning. You will have the opportunity to gain and apply insights into better ways to maintain and improve application stability, and reduce service downtime. You will have the chance to learn and work across all pillars that form a resilient cloud infrastructure including databases, middleware, and security.
Exposure. This is an opportunity to support current and future products on the cloud that will positively impact users around the world. It is a chance to use cutting edge cloud technology at a product company focused on expanding its cloud solutions and owning a bigger piece of the #PropTech market. As the company grows, so will the advancement opportunities to work on our full range of products.
A voice. We want to hear your opinions and ideas - it’s how we continue to innovate and evolve, by listening to diverse perspectives. You will have an opportunity to identify gaps or recommend new practices or technology - and see your ideas come to life and elevate the work we do.
Our new Senior Cloud Systems Engineer will focus on:
- Maintain. You will focus on ensuring a highly available, secure, and compliant Cloud infrastructure. You will monitor systems, uptime, and alerts, minimizing downtime by troubleshooting and ensuring timely resolution of production issues. You will improve alerting in both systems and applications using Cloudwatch, Datadog, PagerDuty, and other such monitoring systems.
- Be diligent. You will follow auditor compliant processes to make changes and operate the platform. You will ensure other operational parts such as backup, disaster recovery, antivirus, IDS, etc. are in place. You will review the Security aspects of the platform weekly and raise any issues to the appropriate people.
- Research technologies. You will explore and recommend tools to strengthen our infrastructure and increase performance, automation, scalability, and security.
- Collaborate. You will work with architects, developers, and DevOps for all updates and releases, holding up a secure, accessible cloud infrastructure for the product(s).
- Automate. You will implement IaaS, PaaS, and serverless services in AWS and follow proper version control practices to implement infrastructure automation using Python, Powershell, Shell Script, Terraform, Cloudformation, or other relevant technologies. You will use AWS SSM for infrastructure automation and configuration management.
Our new Cloud Systems Engineer will have:
- The education. You have a degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Math. You have AWS Associate certification.
- The experience. You have experience building, maintaining, configuring, and upgrading AWS cloud hosted applications. You have hands-on exposure to information security, including backup, monitoring, and disaster recovery or database configuration and maintenance in SQL server / MYSQL. Site Reliability Engineering experience is a plus.
- The technical translation skills. You can work with product managers, cross-functional teams, and customers, translating practical usability feedback into technical requirements and back again. You thrive on acting as the communication bridge.
- The drive. You genuinely enjoy thinking out loud to create the best solutions to complex, tricky problems, using the latest processes. You can focus on the big picture and the details.
Need any more reasons to join Altus?
In 2005, we started with 400 employees and have grown exponentially to over 2,250 around the globe today. Altus Group employees don’t see boundaries, they see opportunity. They deliver results for our clients and our company and are recognized and rewarded for the value they create. This is an opportunity to work on multiple projects that encompass many industries, geographic reach, and high profile design.
At Altus, we want you to realize your potential. We value collaboration and knowledge sharing of best practices. We support professional growth and we actively seek out ideas. This is the place to present the newest research, to introduce the coolest tech, and see it come to fruition and be applied. Your work will make a difference.
Altus Group isn’t just about the amazing work we do. We work hard to create a dynamic company culture that reflects the values of our employees and what motivates them individually and as a team:
Altus Cares - We are always seeking ways to give back to our communities, and support causes important to our employees. We are actively involved in local charity work and we believe in laying the groundwork for a more prosperous future. Our personal highlight is our involvement with Ronald McDonald house in four different countries where we volunteer every September as a company.
Education - We believe our employees represent the best this industry has to offer and we want to reflect their commitment to education and continued learning.
At Altus Group, we are proud to say that many of our teams are comprised of members who have been here five years or longer. We think that speaks volumes about our atmosphere and our people.
Opportunity awaits - come realize your potential at Altus Group!
Altus Group is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-641-9500.