Senior Cybersecurity Analyst
TC EnergyCalgary, AB25 days ago
Senior Cybersecurity Analyst
Reference Code: 75543
Location: Canada (CA) - Calgary, AB
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
The Cybersecurity Analyst position reports to the Manager of Cybersecurity Identity, Defense / Response, and Architecture. In collaboration with business partners and partner teams across Information Systems (IS), you will be responsible for identifying and responding to cyber security incidents, ensuring appropriate threat mitigation, and continuously improving our detection and response capabilities.
Key accountabilities for this role will include: Leading and optimizing all aspects of security operations, mentoring junior security analysts, and delivering best in class cyber protection for our organization.
What you’ll do
- Maintain, execute, and improve the Cybersecurity Incident Response process
- Develop, execute, and improve processes for daily IS cybersecurity operation activities
- Identify patterns and trends in security events that could lead to security incidents
- Effectively communicate threat information and system status to leadership and stakeholders
- Establish use cases for implementing new Indicators of Compromise (IoCs) to provide actionable alerts
- Develop and implement key performance indicators and other metrics as it relates to IS Cybersecurity operation activities
- Develop, document, maintain and operationalize on-going threat and vulnerability management activities
- Lead and mentor junior security analysts in all aspects of security operations
- Develop, maintain, and improve standards and requirements related to operational security;
- Participate in projects related to the deployment of IS Cybersecurity operations tools and practices
- Four-year Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Cybersecurity or related area
- Minimum 10 years directly related experience with a focus on information security
- Obtained or demonstrates an active pursuit of one or more of the following certifications: Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Risk Information System Control, (CRISC) certifications, or other related certifications
- 5 years of Cybersecurity experience in the following areas would be beneficial:
- Cybersecurity analyst in large and regulated organizations
- SIEM operation and maintenance with Splunk or similar product
- Daily activities involved in large SIEM operational environment and experience working with Managed Security Service (MSS) providers
- Developing use cases for security incident detection and the implementation of correlation rules and alerts
- Implementing, maintaining, and operationalizing threat and vulnerability management
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills and ability to communicate in both technical and non-technical language with all levels of staff and management
- Demonstrated ability to identify requirements/needs, assess solutions and provide recommendations
- Demonstrates an ability to work in a collaborative environment and influence others
- Highly passionate and self-motivated
- Excellent grasp of the latest Indicator of Compromise (IoC) and malware trends
- Experience developing Security Incident Response and daily SIEM operations processes
- Proofpoint, Splunk, PaloAlto Firewall/Endpoint and Microsoft Security Suite Administrator qualifications are a plus
- Experience in Computer forensic is a plus
- Experience developing and /or participating in RFP for SIEM third party services is a plus
- Experience in organizations that support SCADA networks, pipeline operations, and Industrial Plant Control systems is a plus
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Apply to this posting by 04/28/2021 using reference code 75543. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
* Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
* Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
* All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
* TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting email@example.com.