Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction
Multiple Locations (Hybrid)
These positions can be based in any of the following Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction offices, subject to space availability. Flexible work options are available; these positions may be able to work from home up to 4 days per week subject to an approved telework agreement.
Senior Data Analyst
$73,855.42 - $84,134.34 annually
The Service Delivery Division within the Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction provides income and disability assistance services online, by phone, or face to face in our communities. We strive to ensure our services are reliable, responsive, inclusive, and accessible to all British Columbians who need our support.
Prevention and Loss Management Services Branch is dedicated to promoting the integrity of, and maintaining public confidence in, the BC Employment and Assistance Program. The Senior Data Analyst is the lead analyst for a program and medium to large scale projects. Work conducted by the position directly contributes to the improvement of ministry or enterprise operations. The position undertakes fully independent professional data analysis including analyzing and evaluating program performance and providing recommendations for improvement.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Graduate degree in a Data Science, Computer Science, GIS, Statistics, Mathematics, or other relevant specialty education AND 1-year related experience; OR
- Bachelor’s degree in a Data Science, Computer Science, GIS, Statistics, Mathematics, or other relevant specialty education AND 2-year related experience OR
- Diploma in a Data Science, Computer Science, GIS, Statistics, Mathematics, or other relevant specialty education AND 3 years related experience; OR
- Certificate in a Data Science, Computer Science, GIS, Statistics, Mathematics, or other relevant specialty education AND 4 years related experience; OR
- Equivalent education and related experience may be considered.
Related experience must include:
- Experience leveraging structured and unstructured data sources to conduct analysis including joining and filtering multiple data sets.
- Experience with experimental design, exploratory data analysis and hypothesis testing.
- Experience interpreting and applying advanced mathematics, scientific reasoning, and statistical methods to solve problems.
- Experience with machine learning, clustering, and classification techniques to analyze diverse sources of data.
- Experience using SQL, Python and/or R.
Related experience must also include at least one of the following:
- Experience in analyzing and evaluating program performance using program evaluation theories, principles, models, and related systems/technologies; OR
- Experience identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to system/program goals.
For more information and to apply online by August 18, 2023, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/100529