Senior Data Analyst
Who we are
Join Scene+ and be part of Canada's most loved loyalty program! We are a trusted and rapidly scaling brand, driven by the belief that there's always something to celebrate and that potential is our biggest advantage. Our goal is to nurture an emotional connection with our audience and become Canada's favourite loyalty program, helping you find more joy today for a rewarding tomorrow.
We're the fun joint venture of Cineplex, Empire, and Scotiabank, blending the energy, optimism, and atmosphere of a startup with the funding of three major players. With 59 team members and plans to grow by 20 more, we're a blank slate ready for fresh ideas. As an emerging, responsive company, we offer independence, accountability, challenges, and rewards to everyone who joins us.
Our motto is "Love what's next," and we believe it applies to your career too. Join us to make a difference, bring happiness to people, and love what lies ahead.
Who we need:
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Business Intelligence, we are looking for a Senior Data Analyst who can take the data and tell a story from multiple perspectives. We are one of Canada's top loyalty programs with 10 million+ members. You will tap into our rich cross-industry data resources to bring proven value to our owners and partners and delight our members.
What's in it for you:
Ownership. We are a data science-driven company, and our membership is growing exponentially. You will be part of a fun, driven, small but scaling team that operates like a startup. We are adaptable, collaborative, and fast-paced. You will have the opportunity to recommend and work with new tools and processes, share knowledge, and introduce best practices. Joining us at this stage is a chance to channel your passion for technology toward creating new capabilities and enabling the company to make intelligent decisions.
Future forward impact. You'll be part of a future-forward team that values authenticity and invites fresh perspectives. You will gain exposure to every major customer-driven industry - and access to vast volumes of diverse data. You will receive in-depth onboarding, access to insights into growing a national loyalty program, and the visibility you need to make an impact, including the opportunity to present your findings to our SVP or President regularly.
Anticipation. With giants in banking, grocery, and entertainment as our owners and partners across various industries, this is an opportunity to gain exposure across multiple sectors. With over 30% of our team promoted within the last year, we have a proven history of supporting the growth of our people. Whether you want to increase your influence with us directly or with a parent company, there is always something to look forward to.
As our new Senior Data Analyst, you will:
- Share insights. You will extract insights from the data to learn more about our members. You will distill the technical language from these insights to translate your findings into accessible, engaging language, data visualizations, and other forms of presentation for our leadership and non-technical teams to understand and apply.
- Code. You will use Python and SQL to gather, clean, organize, and analyze structured and nonstructured data. You will draw on your insights and experience to choose the most effective and impact charts, graphs, and diagrams to illustrate the results and recommendations of your data analysis.
- Analyze. You will dive into the consumer data to generate owner-specific reports. You will explore anomalies, finding root causes or drawing attention to trends that can be capitalized.
- Collaborate. You will work as part of the Business Intelligence and Data Engineering teams to automate processes, improve the data quality for our machine learning models and add more value to our loyalty product.
- The experience. You can tell a story with data and visual presentations. You have worked as a Data or Business Analyst at a fast-paced startup in a collaborative and autonomous role. Or, you may be coming from another industry and looking for a challenge to innovate and propose changes with less red tape and more responsiveness. You enjoy continuously exploring what can be learned and applied from data.
- The technical skills. You know how to use the latest tools to work with terabytes of data - defining the query parameters, accessing large sets, conducting analyses, and gleaning insights. You are proficient in Python, SQL, and Tableau and can quickly come up to speed with new technologies. You have in-depth experience building reports connecting data sources and creating visualizations that present the data most effectively.
- Interpersonal skills. You can nurture relationships across internal and external teams. You have professional communication skills, including making presentations to senior leadership. You can translate complex data analytics and findings into visualizations and actionable insights for different audiences and levels.
Why work for Scene+? The best of all worlds. We offer:
- Perks. Enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package, performance-based bonuses, and extra rewards from our owners, including discounted rates on mortgages, banking and movies.
- Transparency: Our strategic focus comes from our owners, along with funding and infrastructure support. The creative approach and direction is ours to run with.
- Warmth. We’re nurturing an authentic culture of relationship building, knowledge sharing, and creativity. As we continue to grow and work together, everyone is invited to share your ideas for fun with the team, whether it's patio drinks, movie nights, or volunteering for a good cause.
- The future. We are all about living in the moment while looking towards the future. Because to us, the only thing more exciting than today is tomorrow.
If you have 70% of what we're looking for and 100% authenticity and passion, express your interest here. Please contact us
at email@example.com and let us know what accommodations or assistance we can provide you during the application process.
At Scene+, we're committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We strive to integrate these values into everything we do, from our partners and offers to our teams and interactions. We welcome and appreciate candidates from diverse backgrounds, including women, persons with disabilities, Black, Indigenous and People of Colour (BIPOC), the LGBTQ2SIA+ community, and other equity-seeking groups.