Senior Data Analyst
East Side GamesWe are remote!15 days ago
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO WORK AT ESG?
We are East Side Games – a pillar in beautiful Vancouver’s gaming community. Our mission is to create games that are easy to pick up, hard to put down, and don’t suck! We put players at the heart of our evolution, independence, and profitability. With their help, we’ve defined the narrative idle gaming space with huge brands that reach the lives of millions globally… And we’re just getting started!
Culture rules here, and that’s what makes us unique. We put people at the core of what we do. We believe that you can steer the ship of your career, and we anchor through support, trust, and connection. Tackle your challenges, share your learnings, then share a drink with the studio in our weekly Cheers Friday Announcements. Have we piqued your curiosity? Then check out our amazing Culture and Benefits!
WHAT IMPACT CAN A LEAD DATA SCIENTIST HAVE AT ESG
At East Side Games, we all band together to deliver a world-class gameplay experience for our players around the globe. Whether that’s working on Archer: Danger Phone, or on any of our other current or upcoming titles, you’re committed to making memorable player experiences. Everyone has an impact here. As a Senior Data Analyst, you create actionable insights from the data we collect that directly leads to product improvements within our IdleKit team. Through a deep understanding of our player’s behaviour, you’ll work on building dashboards, reports, and predictive models that ultimately lead to a world-class game experience our players cherish.
What is IdleKit?
IdleKit is East Side Games core technology platform that enables our internal games and external partnership games. The IdleKit team operates as an independent business unit that productizes our platform and actively publishes new games under the East Side Games brand.
We’re a remote-first studio and encourage all applications.
WHAT YOU MIGHT DO IN YOUR DAY TO DAY
- Formulate hypotheses and run a variety of A/B tests to determine the best strategies to implement into our products.
- Work with external partner studios to create balance changes and features that will improve target metrics.
- Evaluate and explore opportunities in our games and operations, through detailed querying and analysis of our data.
- Be a key bridge between data, game design, and the business through the creation of reports and dashboards, helping to illustrate the ongoing story told by our data.
- Build partnerships with each team member, sharing the tools and insights that predict and improve retention and monetization within our products.
- Continuously improve, maintain, and develop our analytics tools and predictive models for our games.
WHAT YOU BRING TO ESG
- A bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, economics, or a related quantitative field and/or a graduate degree in data science or business analytics.
- At least four years prior experience as a data analyst/scientist, preferably in the F2P mobile gaming space.
- Expert level knowledge of SQL (e.g., window functions), Tableau (or similar), and proficiency with at least one scripting language (e.g., R, Python).
- Ambition to own and take ownership of the reporting and analysis functions for our games.
- The ability to tell a convincing story with data.
- An innate curiosity and ability to mine large complex data sets and build predictive models that lead to meaningful conclusions.
- Previous experience A/B testing and calculating statistical significance within a big data context (e.g., bootstrapping, permutation testing).
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Prior management experience is a huge plus.
- Hungry, humble, and smart and can use these three pillars to impact you and those around you.
- A mobile game fanatic. You are on top of the latest games, trends, and what’s happening in live events.
- Entrepreneurial, self-motivated, and have the attitude to get things done.
- A risk-taker, and gain your biggest learnings through them.
- Empathic, compassionate, and curious.
- Solution-oriented and data-driven.
- Comfortable in an environment where priorities and plans can change rapidly.
WE’RE BUILT ON THE FOUNDATIONS OF DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
East Side Games are an equitable employer that values justice, equity, diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage people of marginalized backgrounds, particularly QTBIPOC folks, to apply, and will acknowledge and value the strengths you bring to foster yours and the studio’s growth.
If this sounds like something you hoped for and more, and you’re enthused to build genre-defining narrative idle games, click the “Apply Here” button below. If now is not the right time for you but you know someone who would be a great match for us at East Side Games, check out our referral bonus here! Let’s build great games together!