Come Build a Better Financial Future for all Canadians
At Neo, we’re building a more rewarding financial experience for all Canadians.
Life at a rapidly expanding tech startup is demanding, exhilarating, and not for everyone…
From world-class creative minds to brilliant engineers, it's high-performing people that make Neo a workplace with passion and purpose.
Since being founded in 2019, Neo has built incredible traction and is one of the fastest growing fintechs in Canada.
- LinkedIn’s Top Startup in Canada for 2022 and 2023
- Top-ranked mobile apps and credit cards
- Team of 700+ people
- 1M+ customers in 3 years
- 11K+ retail partners
High Performance at Neo
We recruit, hire, and build our company culture around these attributes:
Teamwork: We trust, respect, encourage, and show up for each other — through good times and hard. We’re on this mission not just for ourselves, but also for the people we work with.
Ownership: We all have a stake in Neo’s success — so we go out of our way to do what needs to get done. We hold ourselves accountable to deliver on our commitments — to our customers, to our partners, and to our team. When we fall short, we find a way to do better in the future.
Professional Integrity: We’re asking millions of Canadians to trust us with their hard-earned money — so we hold ourselves (and each other) to the highest standards of integrity.
What you’ll be doing:
- Build solutions using our high-tech data platform that includes Dbt, Snowflake, Apache Spark, Airflow, Kafka, AWS and Databricks (plus more).
- Write Python or SQL code for most projects, including automated tests.
- Providing input and subject-matter expertise on future data products
- Working with product teams to define and capture data modeling requirements
- Developing test cases and validations to ensure high-quality data products
- Perform code reviews to ensure that the work done by the team meets the highest standards and best practices.
- Be an expert with databases including SQL and NoSQL varieties; you should be a master of building and optimizing complex SQL queries.
- Develop automated testing for all your projects, ensuring that your solutions are high quality when released, but also helping avoid regressions over time.
- Develop patterns, abstractions, libraries, templates and other standards to help the team move fast and avoid reinventing the wheel.
- Own projects and systems in production, ensuring they are operating to the highest standards and meeting challenging SLAs.
- Actively make an effort to teach others, mentor the team, collaborate, and be involved.
- Lead standup meetings, retrospectives, or technical reviews of product stories
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of strong experience with SQL and Python (or similar languages)
- 3+ years of experience creating and maintaining mission-critical reports and dashboards.
- 2+ years of experience in data modeling in an enterprise data warehouse setting.
- Experience using Dbt, Airflow, s3, and Databricks are highly important.
- Expertise configuring and using modern Business Intelligence / Analytics services
- Ability to leverage development best practices throughout your work - like source-control, automated testing, CI/CD deployment pipelines, code reviews, etc.
- Comfortable building solutions in cloud-based environments like AWS, Azure, or similar.
- Strong leadership behaviours including giving confident feedback, presenting solution plans to executives, or participating in mentorship activities every day.
- Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate
Working at Neo
At Neo Financial, we're empowering people to accelerate their careers toward hyper-growth and helping them reach their full potential. You’ll have the opportunity to work on exciting projects and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We encourage our team members to take ownership of their work and to bring their unique ideas and perspectives to the table. Our dynamic and fast-paced environment allows for endless learning and advancement opportunities.
Check out these videos from our employees to learn more about Working at Neo.
Apply with Us
We believe in equal opportunity, and are committed to creating an inclusive climate where everyone thrives. We’re a financial institution, so successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check and a credit check.