Senior Data Engineer
Work should be so much more than just a job you do to earn a paycheque. And at SGI, it is.
We offer the essentials – a competitive salary, great pension, and excellent employer-paid family benefits. But we also provide opportunities. The opportunity to expand your professional skills and grow your career. And the opportunity to come to work every day to a job you’re passionate about and that leaves you feeling happy and fulfilled. Hopefully we’ve sparked your interest because we’re hiring!
SGI has initiated an enterprise-wide, multi-year digital and data transformation. A key aspect of our data transformation program is building out our Data Office and growing our overall data innovation capabilities. To match our aspirations, Data platform and Architecture team within the Data Office is looking for a Senior Data Engineer who will designing and implementing data pipelines, which includes transforming, aggregating, and integrating data from different sources and loading it into the Azure Data Platform as well as propagating the data through the environment.
We hope you consider applying if you:
- Love to design, develop, manage, and monitor Azure data pipelines to ensure that data ingestion (batch & streaming) and data propagation (through ETL, ADF/custom-developed stored procedures) perform as expected.
- Have experience assisting in monitoring the overall performance and stability of the Azure Data Platform and data pipelines in production to ensure that the environment operates as planned, meeting respective SLAs.
- Want to work with Data Scientists and Analytics Report development team to create data assets and pipelines that improve the reporting and advance analytics process.
- Are detail oriented to spot data related issues and know how to deliver on what the business needs.
- Are a leader that is committed to a culture of continuous learning/development of self and supports others by actively sharing knowledge, providing guidance, mentoring, training, and supporting developmental opportunities.
- Four-year degree from an accredited post-secondary education institution in a relevant field of study, such as Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Technology, or defined equivalency.
- 5 – 7 years’ database experience in a data engineer, ETL developer, or equivalent technology role.
What else do we offer?
Our website (https://sgi.sk.ca/starthere) gives a run-down of the many perks of working with us, including:
Work-life balance: How does an additional three weeks off a year sound?
Personal development: We invest in our employees. We provide leadership and employee training, and provide education funding, to support your self-improvement goals and keep our teams thriving.
A positive, healthy work culture: Work culture can be the reason an employee stays or leaves a job. At SGI, we’ve worked hard to develop a culture we’re proud of. And we continue to invest in our culture through training to make sure that our actions (and culture) reflect our corporate values: caring, passion, innovation, and integrity.
Awesome people: Seriously. We hire the best people, and you get to work with them. At SGI, you’ll find the work family you didn’t know you needed.
Diversity is a cornerstone of SGI. We believe all candidates should be given the opportunity to fully participate during the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, we invite you to submit your accommodation requests to us at email@example.com and we will work through your request with you. All information received will be kept confidential.
Ready to Apply?
Join a team that values your ideas and empowers your growth. Apply now and let us succeed together!
Learn more about our company, this job and what your future could look like at SGI by visiting https://sgi.sk.ca/careers.
Submit your application online by 11:59 pm. on Monday, April 24th, 2023.