Redefining Cloud Finance, Together
Prophix develops advanced software that automates important financial processes. Prophix is the leading provider of Corporate Performance Management (CPM) solutions for the mid-market. Thousands of Finance leaders in nearly one hundred countries use Prophix software to empower their organizations and gain valuable insight into business performance.
At Prophix, we are disrupting CPM “Business as Usual” having introduced several important new product developments in 2022 that help elevate the role of finance professionals through advanced data analytics and reporting capabilities to deliver more strategic business insights and outcomes.
Working with a global network of partners, Prophix maintains offices in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada (corporate head office), Portland, Oregon, USA, Brazil, England, Denmark, and Germany.
Who we need
Our cross-functional software engineering teams are responsible for creating innovative new capabilities in Prophix used by a 2500+ global customer base every day for budgeting, reporting, and integrated financial planning. We follow an Agile Scrum methodology in a collaborative environment.
We are adding a Senior Data Engineer, OLAP to our team; an engineer who thrives in an autonomous role, researching options, testing new tools, and designing for purpose, resiliency, and scale. You will contribute to sprint planning, writing high-quality, testable, and maintainable code, resulting in new product features.
This role is a hybrid role requiring in-office presence Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
What’s in it for you
Cutting-edge technology. As Engineers, we pride ourselves on building technology that solves problems and makes life easier for our clients. To us, it doesn’t get more exciting than the complexity of the infrastructure and our R&D approach to making things better, more resilient, scalable and interoperability. At Prophix, when we encounter a roadblock, we don’t just look for a tool that might work; we create one.
Professional satisfaction. As a top-ranked employer with a global presence and we are scaling, joining us now is an opportunity to gain recognition for who you are and what you can do. We know that diversity drives innovation. You will work alongside bright, talented individuals across the entire organization, where every day is different.
Career development. We foster an environment with rewarding technical challenges and professional development opportunities. We strongly believe in promoting from within and working with our people to identify career growth opportunities, which may include increased mentorship and guidance as a Team Lead or moving into Architecture and contributing to the foundation of what we are building.
What you will do:
As part of a cross-functional Scrum team, you will produce and release new applications, features, and enhancements to improve the user experience, applying the full understanding of software engineering discipline and industry best practices. You will:
- Design and develop. You will rapidly prototype proposed solutions and work closely with senior development team members on major architecture projects, design, development, and implementation. You will coordinate technical dependencies with other teams.
- Prioritize quality. You will participate in code reviews, analysis, and performance tuning. You will apply various types of automated testing methods in a continuous integration environment, resolving defects and bugs during pre-production, production, and post-release patches.
- Collaborate. You will coordinate technical dependencies with other teams. You will share best practices and knowledge of emerging technologies with other engineers.
- Influence. You will work with a sense of urgency, embrace mistakes, learn from them, and drive the team toward success. As a senior team member, you will offer guidance and coaching to junior developers and contribute to the success of the team at every opportunity.
What you bring:
- The technical background. You have proven progressive experience developing professional software and distributed applications with a focus on middle-tier technologies and OLAP processes. You have an Agile and test-driven development mindset and can confidently describe the reasoning behind your choice of tools and approaches. You understand the purpose of the foundation you are building and how to leverage technologies to your advantage. You have expertise taking ownership for delivering stories independently as part of a 2-week sprint, working with the following:
- Microsoft technologies C# .NET/Core.
- Python and autogenerating code for Python.
- OLAP principles and multi-dimensional structures (cubes).
- RDBMS such as MySQL, PostgreSQL and ANSI SQL.
- Microservices architectures and design patterns.
- Cloud Native AWS experience with services such as Lambda, SQS, RDS/Aurora, S3, Lex, and Polly.
- Debugging and profiling distributed systems.
- The delivery mindset. You are solution-oriented and driven to exceed quality expectations. You continuously pursue the latest technologies and methods in your field. You may have personal projects you work on. You believe in researching answers to complex issues and sharing knowledge with your peers.
- The interpersonal skills. You have professional communication skills, including the confidence to lead standups and sprints and make technical presentations. You can build collaborative relationships within and across local and remote teams. You have an appreciation for diverse experiences and approaches.
- The bonus points. Nice to have, but not required is knowledge of Java stack, containerization and orchestration with Kubernetes, secure coding practices and ISV experience building large-scale SaaS applications. Practical knowledge of corporate financial concepts (i.e., planning, budgeting, forecasting, or consolidation) would be an asset.
Prophix promotes a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace. By embracing diversity, we build a more effective organization that empowers our employees to be the best that they can be. If you have 70% of the qualifications we are seeking, apply here. While we can’t guarantee an interview, we promise to consider the full breadth of your experience and background.
At Prophix, we are committed to creating a working environment that is barrier-free. Please advise our Recruitment team if you require reasonable accommodation during the interview and assessment process, and we will work with you to meet your needs