Senior DevOps Developer
DyspatchCanada17 days ago
We’re looking for a Senior DevOps Developer to be responsible for the design, configuration and implementation of our CI/CD pipelines to automate our software delivery processes. Working alongside our Engineering team, you’ll develop and maintain container deployment, continuous integration, and monitoring systems, using your experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS. If you’re excited to dive into infrastructure setup, software installations, scripting, networking, security engineering, maintenance & support, keep reading!
Responsible for our security management and infrastructure roadmap, this role is integral to our development work, ensuring our platform is compliant and secure. As a senior team member, you’ll demonstrate an understanding of user impact, and its effects on prioritization.
This position offers room for professional growth and independence as our platform scales and our team expands. We value building reliable software that scales and we’re looking for the type of person who loves discussing and learning about great technical architecture, and how it applies to real features in production. If your work reflects your care and interest in user-focused development and great practices, we want to talk.
Annual salary: $100,000 - $115,000 CAD
Location: We're open to remote candidates who reside in Canada and are willing to work ~ 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Pacific Time. We have an opt-in process for rotational on-call support outside of business hours which we offer additional compensation for.
*Please note that only candidates residing in Canada with legal Canadian working status will be considered for this position.
Our team is temporarily working remotely. The successful candidate will be asked to start as a remote employee and will have the option to work out of our Victoria, BC headquarters when the pandemic has ended or to remain fully remote. We're open to working with the right candidate to find the best solution.
In The First 3 Months, You’ll…
- Ramp up on system architecture and Kubernetes clusters
- Complete your first project and deploy those changes to production systems
- Begin to accelerate developer experiences and monitor and troubleshoot platform
- Actively contribute to technical roadmap and planning discussions
- Get familiar with our CI/CD demands
- Identify process bottlenecks, propose solutions, and lead implementation
- Raise the bar for our engineering team by defining and iterating on infrastructure best practices
In The First 12 Months, You’ll…
- Take complete ownership of at least one primary infrastructure system; deployment, CI, AWS management, etc
- Automate and streamline day-to-day business tasks and processes. Explore, test and integrate new tools
- Provide training and tooling to support development in a distributed environment
- Monitor internal metrics and reporting tools to assess the health and availability of the Dyspatch and Sendwithus platforms
- Lead the creation and implementation of large technical projects from start to finish
- Participate in high level system architecture planning
- Mentor new members of the engineering team
- Prioritize, assess, and escalate threats and vulnerabilities
- Ensure we meet our SLOs through accurate application monitoring
- Docker, Kubernetes
- AWS, Heroku
- Go, Python, gRPC, GraphQL, React, Typescript
- PostgreSQL, Redis, Memcache, CassandraDB
Dyspatch is an email production platform that allows teams to streamline their entire email creation process and empower their email team to easily build emails with a library of pre-tested, on brand email blocks without needing to code. Our portfolio also includes Sendwithus, a transactional email template management platform ideal for SMBs.
At Dyspatch we believe that work should be transparent, engaging, and take place at a sustainable pace. We constantly strive to be better, to be more inclusive, and to push ourselves outside our comfort zones, caring deeply about our customers, products, and our coworkers. We work to grow the communities around us, as we all grow stronger together.
We want our Dyspatchios to be supported at work, and well-cared for in their lives outside of it, offering:
- Generous time off, starting with three weeks of paid vacation, a winter holiday office closure, and personal time to take care of life
- Paid parental leave, topping up to 10 weeks
- An extended health program supporting the physical and mental health of you and those closest to you
- An annual pro-d budget, and the support to take advantage of it
- A wellness program designed for all activity levels and interests
- Flexible, remote-first schedules, allowing you to work when and where you feel your best.
If this position interests you, reach out with an updated resume, and a few lines on why you want to join the Dyspatch team.
We understand that experience can be gained in many ways and that skills are transferable. If you’ve had a non-traditional career path, or if there’s anything you want to clarify about your resume, let us know.
We look forward to meeting you!