Hungry for a challenge?
That’s good, because at SkipTheDishes, part of Just Eat Takeaway.com (JET), we have abundant opportunity or as we say, everything is on the table. We are a leading global online food delivery marketplace. Our tech ecosystem connects millions of active customers with hundreds of thousands of connected partners in countries across the globe.
We’re revolutionizing the way humanity eats, and there’s a lot of room for optimization and growth. That’s where you come in. Your ingenuity will help us continue to drive innovation, making an impact on the reliability, performance, and scalability of Skip’s industry-leading technology.
Skip continually looks for high performers who are excited to join our entrepreneurial team to revolutionize food ordering and the delivery industry. We are a technology and logistics company that partners with restaurants across North America to provide access to top restaurants. Skip simplifies this process and provides an exceptional experience to users by leveraging leading-edge technology and an extensive courier network.
As a Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer at SkipTheDishes, you will work with an elite team of developers to build scalable systems and troubleshoot using various tools. You will also be responsible for ensuring our services and products seamlessly move from development through rollout and into production. You will be responsible for product functionality and scaling services or introducing new services; mitigating risks and making sure systems are reliable.
Recipe for Success:
- Real-world experience building scalable systems, working with large datasets, and troubleshooting various back-end challenges under pressure.
- Ability to deliver solutions for platform scaling, performance troubleshooting, service failover and optimization.
- Experience with AWS cloud services and the tools and services available.
- Experience with microservices architecture, Docker containers, AWS Lambda and Amazon ECS and Fargate.
- Experience with Public API solutions, such as AWS API Gateway, and WAF solutions, such as Cloudflare.
- Experience with different data storage solutions covering relational, non-relational DBs, and caching solutions (AWS RDS, Aurora, DynamoDB, ElastiCache, OpenSearch, Redis, etc.).
- Experience with System logging and monitoring using tools such as Prometheus, Graphite, CloudWatch and New Relic.
- Experience in managing and securing cloud networking environments including VPCs, subnetting, firewall rules, and peering.
- Experience with Terraform for building repeatable infrastructure over multiple environments.
- Familiarity with CI/CD best practices, Jenkins CI, Github Actions,, etc
- Experience with AWS SNS/SQS, RabbitMQ, Kinesis, Kafka, Pusher or other asynchronous communication systems.
- Proficiency with Git.
- Deep understanding of Java 8 (Java 11/17 is beneficial) and peripheral tools, as well as additional points for experience with Python and NodeJs.
What’s On Your Plate:
- Delivering defined business goals.
- Fostering a high-performance culture and strong team.
- Contributing and adhering to patterns and processes.
- Measuring success.
- Using best practices to improve products/services or processes.
- Defining the team’s operating standards and practices.
- Day-to-day technical leadership of the team - no people management.
People we’re looking for:
- Have a great attitude, and thrive in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Are eager to contribute to the growth and development of the team.
- Work with an entrepreneurial sense of urgency.
- Are receptive to feedback and challenging experiences.
- Are actively involved in their ongoing personal growth and learning.
What’s It's Like To Work At Skip:
Skip is the kind of workplace that garnered a “Top Places to Work in Manitoba” and it was no small coincidence. We set out to make this a place our employees are proud to tell their family, friends and anyone who will listen that they work here. Skip team members feel pride knowing their input and uniqueness are not only embraced but make an impact on a major Canadian company and its satisfied customers. As the company grows, so do you — you meet and surpass new challenges every day.
That’s just a small taste of what it’s like to work at one of Canada’s leading tech companies. If you’re hungry for opportunity, growth, and something meaningful in a dynamic, fun and challenging environment, we’d love to hear from you.
SkipTheDishes is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Boxes are for pizza, not people. So however you identify and whoever you love, you are free to be you at Skip. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment where all employees feel they truly belong and where everyone is included, seen, heard and respected.
In keeping with our values, all applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of: gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, marital/domestic partner status, (dis)ability, neurodivergence, or any other characteristic protected by law. Should you require any accommodations throughout the hiring process, we encourage you to reach out to your talent acquisition specialist.
Note: All employees will be asked to sign a Consent for Disclosure of Personal Information in order to complete a background check. Job offers will be conditional upon results that the Company determines to be satisfactory.