Pocket Pinata Interactive is a Vancouver mobile game development studio practising the art and science of building games and services. We are looking for a full-time Senior DevOps Engineer (Remote) to join our game development family here in British Columbia.
You are a technologist with oodles of experience with python programming, network/server architectures and development pipelines. You enjoy playing around with Dev Ops technologies like Terraform, Ansible, or Fabric. You are a big fan of software design patterns, and enjoy reading the occasional tech journals and sketching out Cloud Architectural diagrams. You are results-driven, detail-oriented and always seek self-improvement.
You also have an interest in gaming and are looking for a friendly game studio filled with like-minded individuals with a team who prizes integrity, transparency and personal growth.
- Lead the technical vision, direction and technology for DevOps for the studio
- Collaborate with artists, producers, designers, and programmers on a daily basis
- Actively participate in production-related meetings by offering thoughts and ideas
- Design and implement systems according to the studio's code quality standards
- Troubleshoot system issues and formulate solutions that minimizes risks
- Effectively communicate technical designs and technical decisions verbally, via diagrams, documents, and code comments
- Work with software teams to improve scalability, durability and security
- Participate in a rotational on-call program to troubleshoot server impacting issues.
- Design and implement code pipelines with Jenkins (CI/CD).
- Mentor Intermediate and Associate level DevOps Engineers.
- Managing Infrastructure as Code (IaC) to coordinate software release and increase the speed/frequency of deployments.
- Creating alerts/monitors on pipelines and production environments.
- Automating manual tasks or tests to make software development faster.
- Managing Jenkins installations with ephemeral slaves.
- Developing dockerized base images to be used by other teams.
- Implement and maintain backend game features for specific titles.
You will be a great fit for our team if you have…
- At least 5+ years of experience with DevOps pipelines for cloud and mobile server applications, with a strong preference for a background in games.
- 3+ years experience working with AWS, empowering your teams to scale and grow.
- Comfortable using tools and services (or comparable alternatives) like EC2, Kubernetes, S3, RDS, Elasticache and AWS Lambda
- Experience with Build pipelines and deployments with Jenkins.
- Experience with cache services (Redis) and message queues services (RabbitMQ)
- Experience with RESTful APIs, gRPC, mTLS, and VPN.
- Experience with L2, L3, and L7 load balancers
- Experience with database technologies, in particular relational databases like MySQL.
- Experience with backend API development
- Experience with robust data analytics pipelines
- Experience with CI/CD tools and automation languages.
- Experience deploying, maintaining and monitoring containerized applications.
- Experience with cloud networking infrastructure setup and management.
- Experience with Large-scale distributed systems and Service Mesh Architectures.
- Experience with IaaC (infrastructure as code) eg. Terraform.
- Experience with containerization services (Docker / Kubernetes)
- Knowledgeable on information and application security concepts including public key encryption, remote access, access credentials, cryptography standards and multi-factor authentication.
- Strategic time management skills and a commitment to executing tasks to completion.
- Accessible communication skills, both written and orally.
- A detail-oriented mindset with a strong ability to multitask
- A proactive, forward thinking and collaborative with others
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
Having the following skills is a plus…
- Experience with .NET programming
- Mobile, F2P, or idle game experience is a HUGE plus!
- Experience shipping games on mobile (Android, IOS)
- Experience with regulated software (Bank compliance)
- Have worked with game engines like Unity
- Understanding of game development, mechanics and structure.
- Knowledge of UML