Helcim is searching for a talented Senior frontend developer to join our Design Team to help assist in our mission to become the world’s most loved payments company. Working within one of Canada’s Most Admired Company Cultures, this individual will fill a critical and central role, that will work within the Design Team while collaborating with cross-functional business groups including Product Managers, Backend Developers and other stakeholders.
If you think like a Designer, with the skill set of a Developer, this role is for you! The ideal candidate is passionate about design and technology, has an excellent design sense, and has strong CSS and JS frontend development skills.
What You’ll Do
- Be an advocate for implementing innovative solutions that bring value to the final user experience
- Prioritize the importance of usability and user experience throughout the implementation process
- Identify constraints before and during implementations and propose solutions that optimize execution and speed up the coding process
- Apply design sense to judge spacing, sizing, and composition
- Inspire and support your team through mentoring
- Work with Helcim’s Design System to apply software engineering best practices and the latest frontend development techniques to produce high-performance UI applications
- Interact regularly with Product Designers and other Frontend Developers on project requirements, constraints, and improvements
Who You Are
- At least 5 years of experience as a frontend or full stack developer
- Ability to develop without the use of stacks or CMS systems… we don’t really like that stuff, we build!
- Strong understanding of layout aesthetics
- High personal standard for quality of design and execution of work
- Knowledge of JS techniques, principles, and frameworks
- Experience using design tools including Figma and Adobe XD
- Comfortable working on large and complex projects in Vue.js… yes we use Vue
- Meticulous attention to every single pixel… we don’t really mean “every single :)”
- In-depth understanding of SEO methodologies
- A curiosity for cutting-edge web development (such as CSS grids)
- Always willing to take constructive criticism… we are nice but candid
- Collaborative attitude that prioritizes teamwork over individual work
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, combined with strong interpersonal skills… don’t worry, don’t need to be Shakespeare
- Must provide a design portfolio showcasing coding projects
Our mission is to be the world’s most loved payments company. Everyday we’re inspired to give small businesses every possible edge to thrive and enrich the souls of our communities. That’s why thousands of merchants across Canada and the US choose to partner with Helcim. We’re one of Calgary’s fastest growing fintechs - ranking on the Globe and Mail’s 2019 list of Canada’s Top Growing Companies, and Deloitte’s 2020 Technology Fast 500.
Culture is hugely important to us - we’re friendly and collaborative, working together to achieve big goals. We focus on hiring determined and passionate individuals, surrounding you with other amazing people, and strive for everyone to help create an environment where you can thrive and make an impact. We invite you to explore our culture book at: https://www.helcim.com/theway/
At Helcim, we build teams of engaged, caring and intelligent people. In return we provide an environment where you’ll be excited to come to work each day and tackle challenges with your colleagues. As part of our team you’ll receive amazing benefits including a competitive salary, paid health benefits, stock options and generous vacation time. You’ll also enjoy company provided snacks and team lunches to keep yourself fueled and the opportunity to recharge and connect with your team members at company social events.
We invest a lot of time and energy imagining and creating a company and culture that encourages discussion, the trade of ideas, and the execution of amazing products and services. We’re friendly and collaborative, working together to achieve big goals. If you want to join our team and feel you can contribute to the growth and success of our company - we want to hear from you!