Senior Full-Stack Developer
ShiftVictoria, BC4 months ago
Shift is headquartered on the unceded Coast Salish territory and we respectfully acknowledge the Lekwungen and W̱SÁNEĆ People of this region. With gratitude, we live, work, and play on this beautiful land.
Shift, a Redbrick portfolio company, is the browser for work, built to help customers optimize their workflow, and collaborate, with focus, and purpose. We believe that managing it all, and getting work done should be simple and intuitive. In just over three years, we've grown from startup to scaleup with an incredibly talented (and fun!) team. In December 2019, we announced the successful closing of our seed round. Shift is 17 people strong and growing fast. We have massive goals, and we are not holding back; we are on a mission to make the world a more productive place for everyone.
“Working at Shift has been a very rewarding experience both personally and professionally. Challenging problems are met with a collaborative mindset and mentorship from some exceptionally talented people. All of this cumulates in a culture that is supportive, fun, hardworking and highly productive.”
We are changing the way work gets done, and building an exceptional team is our top priority. We cheerlead your goals and accomplishments and are invested in your future. In line with putting your health and safety first, we have made working in the office fully optional. Most of our team enjoys a blend of home and in the office. In-office time brings many perks however we also place an emphasis on planning events and fun that all can enjoy.
What does a day look like in my role?
We get it: You want to know what you’re signing up for before you apply, right? As a Senior Full-Stack Developer, a typical morning begins with “stand-up”. Our team meets to talk about what we are all working on. It’s a good chance to share problems and talk about our progress. Afterward, you might check your email and sign into GitHub to look at open pull requests. We all review each other’s code, so you respond to feedback on your work as well as give helpful suggestions to your teammates. Once or twice a week you will have a meeting to discuss development strategy, brainstorm solutions to difficult problems, or “groom” the backlog.
Some of your responsibilities as a Senior Full-Stack Developer will be:
- Fix bugs and implement new features.
- Server development and operations as necessary.
- Promote best practices for software development and security.
- Mentor and provide code review for other developers.
- Research new technologies and actively contribute to systems design.
- Test changes to our software to ensure a high level of quality.
- Provide technical assistance to our customer success team.
What would we like to see in you?
You are curious, hungry and good-humoured. We try our best to balance hard work with good, old-fashioned fun. As a Senior Full-Stack Developer with Shift, there are extra superpowers we’re on the lookout for:
- 6+ years of professional experience as a full-stack developer.
- Deep knowledge of JS and frameworks such as React and Angular.
- Expert-level knowledge of HTML, CSS, and web technology.
- Experience building Electron apps is considered a plus.
- Experience working in an agile environment with code review.
- Passion for writing quality code that is maintainable.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience.
If you’re picking up what we’re putting down, applying is easy as 1, 2, 3.
- Apply with your cover letter and resume and links to your GitHub or public repos and take this opportunity to tell us your story and why you’d be a good fit on our team.
- Download Shift (tryshift.com) -- we want to know what you think!
- Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, and Instagram for all that is happening at Shift!
Shift and Redbrick is committed to having a diverse environment where everyone can be their true authentic selves. We value all differences as they are essential for a thriving, happy, and productive workplace. Come join us and help build a disruptive company where we are all proud to belong.