A career in Products and Technology is an opportunity to bring PwC's strategy to life by driving products and technology into everything we deliver. Our clients expect us to bring the right people and the right technology to solve their biggest problems; Products and Technology is here to help PwC meet that challenge and accelerate the growth of our business. We have skilled technologists, data scientists, product managers and business strategists who are using technology to accelerate change. Our team is responsible for all software engineering activities to ensure that business objectives are met. This includes the creation, development, design, and improvement of products, software, applications, and services. These roles are responsible for the development of computer programming systems and applications including the design, coding, testing and deployment of products and solutions to meet business obligations.
Reporting to the Director of Development, a career in Development, within our Products & Technology organization, will provide you with the opportunity to invest in new business models that leverage our knowledge and build solutions for the growing digital market. Each new solution focuses on data-driven platforms or other intellectual property based solutions that leverage emerging technologies and new business models. Through the process of building new solutions, we foster a culture of innovation within PwC, extend brand relevance in the market, and generate new revenue.
Purpose-led work you’ll be part of
As a Senior Solution Architect, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers to strategize, design, implement technology solutions helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Solution the development of projects executed by our Development teams, and oversee and assess the development executed by Vendor’s teams
- Design applications or services within the organization
- Collect and/or clarify existing business requirements
- The Senior Solution Architect will actively support the implementation, and execution of the processes for the definition, maintenance, and compliance management of the Enterprise Architecture
- Execute periodical code reviews
- The Senior Solution Architect will shape and deliver digital products to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients and our own quality criteria
- Proactively assist the Enterprise Architects and the Chief Architect in assessing technology solutions
- Be actively involved in planned or unplanned business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- The Senior Solution Architect will supervise and support Vendor’s developers in the context of projects
- Continue to improve our internal development and design techniques and maintain our documentation up to date
- Continue to develop internal relationships and developing your PwC brand
- Continue to grow personal skills in alignment with the company and team strategy
Experiences and skills you’ll use to solve
- Microsoft Development Certifications preferred
- Azure/Google Cloud Platform or Amazon Web Services certifications (Developer - preferred)
- Has worked extensively in large scale software solution implementations with hands-on experience
- Experience working in agile teams and with product delivery
- Service-oriented, event-driven and microservices architectures
- Mobile/Web architecture stacks
- Persistence such as RDBMS/NoSQL (MS SQL, Mongo DB) data stores and appropriate use cases
- Rapid-prototyping workflows and development tools
- Containerization, and experience in using Docker and/or Kubernetes
- DevSEcOps such as CD/CI, virtualization, automation, continuous integration
- Experience with software development tools and defect tracking systems like JIRA, Azure DevOps
- Experience with automation testing tools (Selenium, JMeter, SoapUI, postman for eg)
- Working with high level UX principles such as user stories, persona building, prototype/prototype development approaches
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Must have: .NET, .NET Core, MVC, Azure Cloud, Azure Functions and Logic Apps, Angular, React.js, Azure Integration Services,, MS SQL Server, Entity Framework, GitHub, Azure DevOps, Bootstrap, JQuery, Node.js
- Nice to have: GCP, AWS, Python, Asana, Google Apps Script, AI tools, LINQ is nice to have
- A demonstrated commitment to valuing differences, developing and coaching diverse teams, and ensuring diverse perspectives are heard
Why you’ll love PwC
We’re inspiring and empowering our people to change the world. Powered by the latest technology, you’ll be a part of amazing teams helping public and private clients build trust and deliver sustained outcomes. This purpose-led work, and our continuous development environment, will take your career to the next level. We reward your impact, and support your wellbeing, through a competitive compensation package, inclusive benefits and flexibility programs that will help you thrive in work and life. Learn more about us at http://pwc.com/ca/whypwc.
Your Application to PwC
We embrace new technology to deliver securely and differently for our candidates. To protect your personal information, apply at http://pwc.com/ca/careers and visit http://pwc.com/ca/applytopwc to learn more about what your recruitment experience could look like.
Putting the safety of our people and clients first as we look to a hybrid future
At this time, PwC does not require, but strongly encourages, full vaccination in order to access its offices. Some of our clients may require vaccination and other restrictions to be in place to access their premises. You may, therefore, be required to be vaccinated and comply with all other restrictions where applicable. At PwC, the future ways of work will be a hybrid of in-person and virtual, allowing choice and flexibility to explore new ways of working and collaborating, based on client, team and individual needs.
At PwC Canada, our most valuable asset is our people and we grow stronger as we learn from one another. We’re committed to creating an equitable and inclusive community of solvers where everyone feels that they truly belong. We understand that experience comes in many forms and building trust in society and solving important problems is only possible if we reflect the mosaic of the society we live in.
We’re committed to providing accommodations throughout the application, interview, and employment process. If you require an accommodation to be at your best, please let us know during the application process.