Senior Full Stack Developer, AppWise
AppDirectCalgary2 days ago
About the Company
AppDirect is the leading digital cloud commerce company dedicated to revolutionizing the way businesses run. We offer a cloud service marketplace and management platform that enables companies to distribute digital services. The global network of AppDirect-powered marketplaces allows businesses to find, buy, and manage the best applications the cloud has to offer.
About the Team
AppWise is AppDirect's digital collaboration platform of 15 microservices that work with large volumes of data from 3rd-party integrations. It includes a timeline feed, powerful search engines, chat, notifications and many other feature-rich user-facing components.
Our highly available and scalable system is built on modern technologies such as Java, NodeJS, Python, React/Redux, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, GraphQL, REST, Webhooks, Kafka, ScyllaDB, Solr, Elasticsearch... We take pride in following well-defined architecture specifications, achieving high code quality, documentation and "doing the right thing" in general.
The AppWise team consists of enthusiastic engineers and product managers, collaborating in the form of agile development. We have a flexible, people-centric workplace culture where we care much about both your career and work-life balance.
As a Full Stack Developer, you will:
● Work together with the team to deliver and enhance software components for the AppWise product suite
● Contribute to new product features in Java, NodeJS, Python, or React
● Deploy solutions to a cloud architecture and monitor their operation
● Ensure product quality by writing automated tests
● Research, validate and find solutions to improve the product’s efficiency
● Participate in the full development lifecycle by contributing to design sessions, code reviews and various other collaborative ventures
● Practice scrum methodology; you will be expected to participate in sprint planning, stand-ups and other scrum ceremonies
● Work with a multidisciplinary team: developers, architects and product management.
What you'll need
● 2+ years of working experience with streaming data processing
● Knowledge of web service technologies and building REST APIs
● Familiar with cloud architecture and containerization concepts. Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and/or AWS is a plus.
● Courage to dig-in, refactor code, and explore new technology
● Enjoy building production grade code then supporting and maintaining it
● Willingness to contribute in code reviews of others code and to participate in technical designs
AppDirect is the only end-to-end commerce platform for selling, distributing, and managing cloud-based products and services to succeed in the digital economy. The AppDirect ecosystem connects channels, developers, and customers through its platform to simplify the digital supply chain by enabling the onboarding and sale of products with third-party services, for any channel, on any device, with support. Powering millions of cloud subscriptions worldwide, AppDirect helps organizations, including Jaguar Land Rover, Comcast, ADP, and Deutsche Telekom connect their customers to the solutions they need to reach their full potential in the digital economy.
We believe that the unique contributions of all AppDirectors is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.