Who we are
At ThrillWorks, we are accelerating impact through future-focused digital products and experiences. At our core, we’re catalysts - partners in digital acceleration who look at all of the angles, test and learn as we go and continuously look for the smartest way to propel results.
If it lives on a screen in the digital world, we build it. From websites to mobile apps to media campaigns and everything else in between, we build it all with humanity to delight your customers and rapidly achieve returns on your digital investment. Our team is there every step of the way to bring that experience to life. Because to us, digital is more than a medium, more than a lifestyle – it is life.
We know that unlocking digital value takes a (remote) diverse and insightful village. Everyone is a highly valued contributor and collaborator, bringing their expertise and perspective to make us a success. Together, we’re building impactful technology that is more than just a set of fancy features. Every facet is steeped in intentional choices, from the way it feels to the way it works - and above all, to how it serves the business needs of our clients.
Who you are
What’s in it for you
Impact. At Thrillworks, we are focused on recognizing opportunity and creating space and technologies that allow for experimentation and innovation. We are intentional in our work and collectively push each other beyond our comfort zone to achieve great things. We are fortunate to work on projects that are literally life-changing. That includes working with the top pharmaceutical companies in North America to further evolve their offerings in areas such as diabetic care and cardiac monitoring through web-connected digital products.
Clarity and autonomy. We strive to empower employees to be an active part of our mission. That means ensuring everyone knows what we are working on and why; creating a space for idea sharing and innovation, and allowing people to make decisions without the constant need for approval. We believe in failing fast and succeeding together, collaborating on innovation and focusing on what’s best for our clients.
Challenges and growth. At Thrillworks, we know our people are our biggest asset, and we do everything we can to make them feel recognized, heard, and appreciated. This is a chance to bring your insights and technical expertise to foster genuine influential relationships internally and externally, to have your ideas respected and come to life, and to make your mark on our processes, our solutions, and our engineering teams. The opportunity to work on and lead multiple projects or teams are just some of the ways your career can grow here.
How you will make an impact:
- Architecting bespoke web-based solutions that meet our client's business needs using your skills in both frontend (typically React or Angular) and backend (Java).
- Ensuring secure and elegant code is implemented across our clients.
- Working with strategists, designers and front-end developers to define and create amazing digital experiences.
- Ensure best practices and Thrillworks standards are exceeded at every stage of development through code reviews with multiple teams.
- Mentor and hone newer developers' skills in technology and architecture practices.
What you bring:
- Database & persistence technologies including SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, etc.
- Knowledge of Microservices, server-less technologies and other architectures
- Designing and deploying applications in cloud-based environment is a bonus
- Experience working with Docker or other container technologies
- The interpersonal skills. We are a close-knit team and work together to solve problems. You are a strong collaborator who can build trusting relationships within and across teams, sharing ideas and applying feedback. You have flexible and effective communication skills and an appreciation for the diverse experience and approaches of your colleagues. You can influence - with and without - authority.
- The growth mindset. You are a continuous learner, passionate about staying ahead of the curve, identifying new technologies and approaches to problems, and implementing best practices. You have a sincere desire to do better and inspire those around you to be better.
Thrillworks is technology with purpose and people passionate about that purpose and doing the right thing. Led by our CEO, we believe a great culture is nurtured by great leaders and brought to life by amazing people. Our work and our culture are guided by our values. We live them every day in the office, working remotely, with each other and with our clients. To us, these aren’t words on the website created by consultants, they are the reality and the aspiration - the now and the future.
- Unity. Through respect, trust, and empathy, we put our egos aside in service of greatness. Collaboration isn’t optional.
- Curiosity. We’re always on the move with a “What if?” attitude. We like to think of ourselves as adventurous problem-solvers.
- Courage. We’re not afraid to try new things and challenge what’s been done before. Even when things aren’t great, we own the result.
- Passion. We want to be difference-makers, vocal optimists who believe we and our work can always be better.
What we do is the product of who we are and how we think. We’re challenging ourselves to do better than what’s been done before because everyone knows you can’t sit still in this rich, ever-evolving industry. We’re open to nerding out if you are. Apply now.
If you are driven by curiosity and have a passion for making a difference, and continuously pursue the next level in all that you do, we’d love to talk to you. We welcome and appreciate candidates with a range of backgrounds and experiences. Diversity, equity and inclusion are an integral part of our culture and a priority at ThrillWorks. Please let us know what accommodations or assistance we can provide you during the application process.
To learn more about what we do, please visit our career page.