Senior Full Stack Web Developer
Altus GroupToronto, ON4 days ago
Who we are
Altus Group is a leading provider of software, data solutions and technology-enabled expert services to the global commercial real estate (CRE) industry. We are a single provider of end-to-end CRE solutions empowering clients to make informed decisions and drive strategic growth.
Headquartered in Canada, we have approximately 2,250 employees around the world, with operations in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. We are at the center of what drives the real estate industry and continue to break ground every day with innovative solutions and best practices that touch every aspect of the real estate life cycle.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Digital and Creative Services, we are looking for a Senior Full Stack Web Developer to play a critical and unique role as part of our global Marketing and Communications team. You will take ownership of all technical aspects of our Altus Group domain which comprises multiple business groups, websites, landing pages, languages, and formats. You will be hands-on and strategic, working autonomously to understand global business needs and objectives and accurately translate those needs into an articulated web experience. Altus is a technical leader in our industry, and you will have the accountability to ensure that is reflected across our customer-facing web presence.
Who you are
You are an exceptional Developer with a depth of experience in mid and large-scale B2B feature design and development; and you have stayed abreast of the latest technologies and best practices. You are strategic and proactive in your work; and you thrive in an independent role. You are looking for a unique opportunity to take ownership of end-to-end project work with the chance to continuously iterate and pivot to the demands of the business.
What's in it for you
Impact and influence. Altus Group is a growing global company, one that includes multiple acquisitions. Our web presence is highly complex and operates at a large scale, with numerous components, beyond the usual transactional B2B sites. You will have the chance to tackle layered issues, developing and deploying solutions and new features. You will work in a web environment that is not just global but multisite and multilingual, taking responsibility for a domain that sets the standard for the high availability and accessibility of Altus Group products. You will have your opinion heard and have it carry weight.
Autonomy. From creating a roadmap of deliverables to documenting requirements; from presenting solutions to building features, testing, troubleshooting, and deployments, this is a rare end-to-end opportunity where you will operate independently. You will be both strategist and programmer, tester and problem solver. Your autonomy will enable you to set the standard, implement best practices, and manage priorities, all while ensuring business needs are fulfilled.
Our new Senior Full Stack Web Developer will:
- Introduce original ideas and best practices. You will ensure our business needs are accurately and effectively translated and represented through website functionality and enhanced user experience. You will continuously iterate and improve our service offerings, researching new tools, management systems, and best practices.
- Interpret and code. You will design, develop, test and analyze, and deploy new or improved functionality and features across our websites. You will configure and customize WordPress and its plugins, and integrate with other tools as required. You will create custom shortcodes, widget areas, custom post types within WordPress. You will ensure overall website maintenance, enhancements, and security updates are up to date.
Our new Senior Full Stack Web Developer will have:
- The technical expertise. You have 5+ years experience developing B2B web features and functionality that are complex and layered. You have expertise with:
- Front-end frameworks like jQuery, Bootstrap, or Foundation.
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
- Usability best practices.
- Managing and modifying server-side configurations such as Apache and NGINX.
- Hosting platform capabilities for optimal website speed, uptime, and performance.
- Website security and traffic load management.
- The drive. You can work proactively on your own, prioritizing deliverables. You are self-motivated with a high degree of integrity and accountability.
- The communication and interpersonal skills. Your oral, written, and presentation skills are outstanding. You can easily build a positive, professional relationship with stakeholders at any level.
We thank you in advance for taking the time to learn more about what makes Altus a great place to grow your career and do some of your best work. Apply now, refer a friend or stay on top of what's new by following us on LinkedIn.
Come realize your potential at Altus Group!
Altus Group is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please contact us at email@example.com or 416-641-9500.
Need any more reasons to join Altus?
In 2005, we started with 400 employees and have grown exponentially to over 2,250 around the globe today. Altus Group employees don’t see boundaries, they see opportunity. They deliver results for our clients and our company and are recognized and rewarded for the value they create. This is an opportunity to work on multiple projects that encompass many industries, geographic reach, and high profile design.
At Altus, we want you to realize your potential. We value collaboration and knowledge sharing of best practices. We support professional growth and we actively seek out ideas. This is the place to present the newest research, to introduce the coolest tech, and see it come to fruition and be applied. Your work will make a difference.
Altus Group isn’t just about the amazing work we do. We work hard to create a dynamic company culture that reflects the values of our employees and what motivates them individually and as a team:
Altus Cares - We are always seeking ways to give back to our communities, and support causes important to our employees. We are actively involved in local charity work and we believe in laying the groundwork for a more prosperous future. Our personal highlight is our involvement with Ronald McDonald house in four different countries where we volunteer every September as a company.
Education - We believe our employees represent the best this industry has to offer and we want to reflect their commitment to education and continued learning.
At Altus Group, we are proud to say that many of our teams are comprised of members who have been here five years or longer. We think that speaks volumes about our atmosphere and our people.
Opportunity awaits - come realize your potential at Altus Group!