It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
The AIR MILES Rewards Program has earned the trust and support of more than two-thirds of Canadian households. For over two decades, we have helped our Partners use Canada’s most widely accepted loyalty currency, AIR MILES® reward miles, to influence customer behavior, drive profitability, and build long-term relationships.
Benefits and Perks at AIR MILES:
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- COVID-19 Work-from-Home safety response
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Annual Wellness Subsidy
- Summer Hours Program
- Volunteer Paid Time Off Program
- AIR MILES Gold® Collector
- Group RRSPs & Company match
- Wellness Resources including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Loyalty Days and Anniversary Air Miles
- Recognized as Canada’s Top Employer
- Extensive Learning and Development Tools and Programs
There’s a reason we’re recognized as one of the best places to work year after year: We give you more than a place to work, we give you a place to grow your career. That’s what sets us apart.
What Will You Work On?
As a Fullstack Developer you will provide the support for solutions and applications required for component planning and delivery. Recommending the best options for product objectives using knowledge of trends, best practices and leading-edge techniques. It will be your responsibility to design, implement, unit test, and integrate different demanding components and work closely with architects, SQA, and product support to ensure successful design, development, and seamless implementation to production.
How Will You Create Impact?
- You have sound judgement, keen eye for details and tenacity for solving difficult problems.
- Strong analytical skills and use of data for sound decision-making.
- You bring a positive energy to the team and thrive on strong collaboration.
- You strive for constant improvement in both yourself and your team in meaningful ways.
- You are someone others look to for solving difficult problems, bounce ideas off and providing an alternate viewpoint.
Let’s Talk About You:
- Experience with Microservices with an understanding of OOP and RESTful APIs
- Experience with AWS cloud-based services and implementations with AWS Lambda, CloudFormation, Kinesis, ElasticCache, DynamoDB, etc.
- Experience with Spring Boot or Spring Cloud
- Knowledge and hands on operational experience with SQL/No SQL databases.
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
AIR MILES is for everyone. We are committed to embedding inclusion in the way we work and the services we offer. We believe that inclusion is not only a strength but a competitive advantage for AIR MILES, and we focus on building a culture of inclusion that enables us to perform, innovate and be ourselves.
In your application, please feel free to advise if you require reasonable accommodation for the interview process. We welcome you to note which pronouns you use (for example: she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc). Please know interviews are currently being conducted remotely, via phone or video call. We look forward to ‘virtually’ meeting you!
Meet our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
AIR MILES is home to many Employee Resource Groups that represent different identities and interests of our Associates. Learn more about them below.
Pride at AIR MILES (PAL): PAL (Pride at LoyaltyOne) is focused on promoting diversity through a safe and inclusive working environment for all Associates, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
Women’s Leadership Initiative (WLI): The Women’s Leadership Initiative, is a grassroots initiative at AIR MILES. Our mission is to champion the growth and empowerment of women at AIR MILES.
The Sustainables: This is an employee resource group dedicated to empowering Associates to make a difference in their own lives around the environment and climate change action.
Toastmasters: Toastmasters International teaches communication and leadership skills through a worldwide network of clubs.
Our COVID-19 Response
The well-being of our Associates is our top priority. Since March 2020, we made the decision to ask all Associates to work from home until further notice. Everyone is set up with the tools and resources required to stay connected and make work-from-home routines more comfortable. We continue to follow the guidance of the provinces, municipalities & public health agencies that we operate in as well as consider the safety, health and interests of our Associates, as we make decisions about reopening our office locations.