Smoking Gun Interactive (SGI) is an industry leading independent game development studio focused on creating revolutionary gaming experiences. It was founded in 2007 by the award-winning industry veterans and creative forces behind Company of Heroes™. Since that time SGI has developed a wide range of games- from original IP, AAA game concepts, to mobile apps, console titles, and even immersive online experiences.
We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, and a creative and driven work environment with our passionate team of talented professionals on high quality projects.
As a Senior Game Designer with Smoking Gun Interactive (SGI), you’re a talented, passionate individual with at least 5 years of industry experience in game design. You have hands-on experience designing systems and balancing gameplay mechanics. A strong literacy in game design and the ability to clearly and concisely communicate ideas in both written and verbal forms is key. You can work independently with little supervision and collaborate with other disciplines to deliver a high quality product.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with a Lead Designer and Creative Director to deliver on the creative vision for the project;
- Help evangelize and communicate the design vision to the team;
- Build strong creative game designs that are original and imaginative;
- Work independently to develop, build, tune and document gameplay mechanics to final quality while adhering to the design vision of the product;
- Track and analyze game data, and create reports with suggested design changes based on gameplay data;
- Adjust game mechanics designs and tune to balance gameplay mechanics based on gameplay analytics;
- Collaborate with art and programming disciplines to achieve project goals;
- Maintain a high proficiency in workflows and pipelines, collaborating to improve tools and methodologies;
- Maintain a high level of quality in all aspects of their work;
- Take initiative in creative problem-solving and collaborating as needed to facilitate effective resolutions;
- Helping liaise between the design team and QA.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- 5 to 7 years experience as a game designer;
- Shipped at least 3 titles as a game designer;
- Experience tuning of complex gameplay system;
- Experience with game analytics and running a live product;
- Experience with freemium game mechanics and monetization strategies;
- Demonstrable expertise in game mechanics design and tuning;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to communicate ideas clearly;
- Ability to accept and provide direction, work well under pressure, and handle multiple tasks;
- Self-driven, take initiative and work independently without supervision;
- Experience in understanding the market and target audience for mobile, online & console games;
- Works well under pressure and able to meet deadlines;
- Willingness to push the envelope and innovate within game parameters;
- Display a positive attitude, and passionate about gaming and striving to improve the quality of games.
It would also be helpful if you had:
- Direct experience creating, and tuning strategy titles;
- Multi-platform development experience (ideally, with various mobile platforms);
- A bachelor’s degree.
Smoking Gun Interactive is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Wage range: $70,000-$100,000
Language primarily used: English
January 11, 2023- March 11, 2023