Who we are
At Personify, we build strong connections with our clients so they can build strong connections with their communities. One of the most diversified and fastest-growing technology providers of integrated software solutions, we are innovative leaders in the industry and respond to the needs of our clients through products that include:
- A2Z Events, a multi-event platform that enables clients to manage their events from start to finish, including floor plans, financials, managing contracts and sponsorships, and increasing engagement through mobile applications and a networking suite.
- CommUnity, an online community platform for those with common interests to connect, learn and collaborate.
- Wild Apricot, an all-in-one solution that automates and simplifies workflows enabling nonprofits and associations to manage their membership, streamline their processes, and make room for human connections.
- Member Clicks, an easy-to-use member management cloud solution aimed at small to medium-sized nonprofit organizations and associations.
- ThreeSixty, an enterprise management solution for associations, nonprofits, YMCAs and JCCs to engage, manage and grow their membership.
- And more.
At Personify, we're in the relationship building business, powering conversations, donations, events, and foundations through analytics, tools, and robust backend management systems. With 300+ employees in our offices in Austin, Atlanta, and Toronto, and as part of remote teams across Canada and the US, we're the people designing the technology that reaches 30,000+ clients resulting in 3B+ interactions a year with our products. Joining us is a chance to take your skills and expertise and build solutions for the real world that strengthen the connection between clients, their mission and their communities.
Who we need
Reporting to the Sr Director, Software Engineering, we are looking for a Senior iOS Developer. You will collaborate with other software engineers, product owners and designers to create new and maintain existing mobile apps for our customers.
Who you are
You are an iOS Developer with an in-depth understanding of coding, complex infrastructure, and engineering high-quality solutions that can integrate with third-party applications. You may be at the Intermediate level looking for the next step up and a place to grow your career. Or, you may be a Senior Software Engineer looking to introduce and implement your ideas as you design, develop, and release mobile applications with purpose.
What’s in it for you
Exposure, impact, and influence.
You’ll be working on a geographically dispersed squad across multiple products. We have numerous apps at different states and complexities, and this is an opportunity to dive into the architecture, functionality, and UI and make it better. You will have a chance to think about current needs and future state from design to release. As the primary iOS Developer, you will have the autonomy to introduce best practices, guide the development, have your voice heard, and be a leader in this space.
We build highly configurable mobile applications with multiple deployments, meeting a genuine need. For hundreds, thousands, and even tens of thousands of end-users. These are customized iterations for our clients, filling their need to ensure their members can navigate massive events, spaces, and itineraries with ease and accuracy. The work you do will go into production and be immediately in the hands of an audience.
Collaboration and career growth.
At Personify, we offer a balance between established and responsive, between new and tenured. We are proud to say, many of our team members have been here for 5, 10, even 15 years. And, we have people who've joined us recently. The management team at Personify is supportive and encourages professional development, creating space for you to grow in your hands-on skills and people leadership with the option to try new avenues and pivot back if that’s what you need to do your best work. Joining us as a Senior iOS Developer is a chance to grow into a Team Lead and beyond and to see your ideas come together - and make their way into the hands of end-users within weeks or days.
How you will make an impact:
- Lead the build. You will work across all stages of the software development lifecycle, including developing, testing, automation, releasing and monitoring new applications and functionality. You will work on architecture, API integrations, and the User Interface.
- Collaborate. You will work closely with the product managers, software engineers, and customer-facing teams to understand business requirements, detail possibilities, and deliver high-quality results on time and to specification.
- Provide guidance - and take action. You will lead the evaluation of existing mobile apps, review the state of technology, and recommend further directions. You will maintain the technical backlog and work closely with product managers to estimate development efforts and prioritize work.
What you bring:
- The expertise. You have 4 years of software development experience, with at least 2 years in mobile development, during which time you have built a complex mobile app from scratch. You have an in-depth understanding of the full SDLC and mobile app development life cycle, including Continuous Integration, publication, and health monitoring. You have a strong knowledge of:
- Computer science fundamentals.
- iOS application architecture.
- Designing resilient applications based on business requirements.
- Common design patterns and related services.
- Performance optimization, CPU, memory usage and network consumption profiling.
- Working with network, data persistence, building performant UI.
- The technical toolbox. You have worked with a range of modern technologies and a readiness to learn more programming languages and platforms as needed. You have hands-on experience with Swift. You are familiar with MVP, MVVM, VIPER design patterns and can weigh the pros and cons of one over the other.
- The collaborative approach. You understand the concepts of collective responsibility and ownership and practice active listening and empathetic engagement across diverse perspectives. You are driven to stay at the cutting edge of technology, continuously learning and growing. You have outstanding communication skills. You respond to change by adapting.
- The knowledge. You can explain why you made certain choices and how you would improve the functionality using newer technology. You have a quality mindset and dedication to delivering high-quality products.
Why join us?
We are committed to creating a balanced, inclusive, and equitable workplace.
- We recognize and appreciate the varied experiences, backgrounds, and knowledge our team can bring to our culture, operations, products, and relationships internally and externally.
- We have an impactful recruitment diversity strategy to increase representation across the company at every level. And, we're working with our teams to create employee resource groups that further support our people in the safe spaces and ways they need to feel heard.
We're proud of our evolution. We promote -and live- a culture of not just listening but acting, making ourselves available and accessible.
We're a great place to work.
Guided by our values, inspired by our clients, and forging ahead with optimism and the commitment to service of a new President and CEO, Scott Collison, at the helm, Personify is driven by our purpose. We empower our clients, from small nonprofits to large enterprise organizations, to build strong connections with their communities, ultimately enabling them to achieve their missions. And, our leadership team brings profound expertise and a deep commitment to taking Personify to the next level.
With generous paid-time-off, flexibility, and the option to be fully remote, we prioritize the well being of our teams. Choosing where to power up their laptops empowers our employees to connect with each other and our clients from anywhere while meeting their life demands and without sacrificing their performance. In fact, we know it makes them do better, feel better, and enjoy being part of our company.
Recognized by Built In Austin in its Best Places to Work Awards in both 2019 and 2020, we spend our days creating a virtual place and physical space where people are comfortable being themselves, feel supported and heard, enjoy each other's company, and have an opportunity to shine.
Personify is a company made up of people who like to work with brilliant teams passionate about delivering exceptional solutions to our clients. We're a place to make an impact, see the difference, and accelerate your career doing something you love.
We know not everyone gains their education and skills the traditional way, so if you feel you have 70% of the qualifications you are looking for and you are ready to make a difference, submit your application. Of course, we can't promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider the full scope of who you are and what you bring.
Personify is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran or disability status, or other protected characteristics.
Employment offers are contingent on the candidate successfully completing a background investigation in compliance with federal, provincial and local laws.