In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of the Vancouver Island Health Authority (Island Health) patient and staff safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Reporting to the Director Information Security, the Senior Manager, Enterprise Security Advisory Services is providing leadership in the development, implementation and uptake of health information systems, clinical and corporate information systems within Island Health. The Senior Manager, Enterprise Security Advisory Services works with Island Health Leadership, Corporate, and Clinical Support Services to lead the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of an enterprise security advisory program ensuring the ongoing protection of Island Health technology infrastructure and information assets. The Senior Manager regularly deals with critical and highly sensitive situations.
As a member of the IMIT leadership team, the Senior Manager is part of a coordinated effort to move forward the health, clinical and corporate IMIT vision for Island Health and to work collaboratively with other team members in promoting new technologies and best practice for service delivery and system operations.
Education, Training, and Experience
A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Master's degree in Computer Science or Information Security, and at least ten years' progressive leadership experience in an enterprise information technology services environment with a specific focus on security operations. At least five years' progressive experience in a complex health service system with a minimum of three of those years at a senior level is strongly preferred.
Comprehensive knowledge of security technologies and overall information technology including but not limited to Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM), Web Application Security Gateways, Anti-malware, Vulnerability Scanners, Penetration Testing etc. Comprehensive knowledge of industry best practices in relation to identity and access management. Experiencing managing security operations and incident response in a cloud computing environment is beneficial.
Comprehensive knowledge of information security principles and standards including ISO 27001/27002, NIST Cybersecurity Framework, ISO 27017, NIST SP 800-53, NIST 800-63 etc. Active CISSP, CCSP, CISM or similar security certification is preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to keep skill set up-to-date with new and emerging technologies and service operation models.
- Ability to maintain current knowledge of legislated requirements and external regulatory requirements that impact the information security needs of Island Health.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts and information security risks effectively to all audiences including technical, non-technical and executive.
- Strong presentation, facilitation, coaching, conflict management, planning, project management, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively under time pressure to meet deadlines, balance work priorities and resolve issues appropriately.
- Ability to develop and implement strategic and project plans, policies, procedures and standards
- Demonstrated knowledge of health and corporate information systems.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage, plan, and implement within the area of responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a highly dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be effective in an environment subject to continuous change.
- Working knowledge of applicable regulations, legislation, and collective agreements.
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Vaccination Notification: To keep our employees, clients and the communities we serve safe, Island Health is enforcing an employee mandatory vaccination policy which is intended to prevent the transmission of COVID-19. As such, Island Health requires Proof of BC Provincial Immunization Registration as a condition of employment, and any offers of employment are contingent on you providing proof of vaccination prior to commencement of the offered effective date. If an offer of employment is extended, but proof of vaccination is not provided, the offer will be rescinded.