Are you an experienced senior PHP engineer? Do you have experience with DevOps and QA? Do you want to join our team where your skills can be used to make the world a better place? Working with Retreat Guru is an enticing blend of teamwork, personal development and tech. Our international team is more diverse and interesting than you might expect!
Wishing for a family-friendly work environment? We have you covered! Raising children (or pets!) means you need to be there at odd times and often last minute, and your family should be your priority: flexible working hours and remote work are all a part of our culture.
What we’re looking to solve:
Our platform is primarily built around PHP and we’re looking to scale as our consumer base of retreat centers and participants are rapidly growing. We are looking for an engineer who can help us grow, whether it’s refactoring our code to improve performance, scaling our QA environment, or helping improve our development environment (Docker). We’re open to engineers who may hold one or more of these skills.
You need to have:
- Professional experience in software engineering developing well designed software
- Strong proficiency in PHP or if you use other languages, the desire to learn quickly.
- Special consideration if you’ve used Symfony, Laravel, WordPress.
- Special considerations for dev ops or QA engineering skills (CI, Docker, shell scripting, Apache, AWS)
- Experience architecting real-world business applications
- In-depth knowledge of the software development life-cycle and concepts of software engineering
- A product-mind, caring about the "Why" - Why build this feature? How will we measure impact?
- The curiosity and passion to constantly learn new things; Retreat Guru changes fast, and we need people to be able to change and learn fast too.
- A strong foundation of design principles, especially when it relates to platform development in the areas of API, data modelling, and scale.
The tools we use include:
- MySQL, Redis, Elasticsearch,
- Codeception, Cypress, AWS, Pagely, CircleCI
Projects you could work on:
- scale our software to thousands of users through refactoring, improving architecture, and addressing performance
- optimize features that affect small to enterprise level customers
- speed up our engineering team by improving our dev environments, build tools, and deployment process
- scale our testing platform so that it’s faster, less flaky, better coverage
- Helping your team, no matter what the task might be
- Finding creative, innovative ways to solve problems
- Using your skills to bring good to others
- Eager to learn and a quick learner of new tech and how different tools can work together
- Able to do what needs to get done
- Self-motivated with a great attitude
- Based in British Columbia, Canada
$80,000-$90,000 /year, depending on experience
If your experience is close to what we’re looking for, please do apply.
We've seen that passion goes a long way and that skills can be learned. Our company has evolved a lot thanks to leveraging group wisdom, especially for problem-solving and creative thinking. The more diverse our group, the more able we are to truly serve the needs of our users and for that reason, urge you to apply if this just might be a fit for you.
How to apply:
Email Michelle at email@example.com with your resume and optional cover letter explaining:
- Why you are interested in working with us
- What pay range and benefits you are looking for
- Include something random about you that we'd never know by looking at your linkedin or social media profiles.
- If you could attend any retreat, what would it be and why?
About Retreat Guru:
More information about our company is here: https://retreat.guru/about.