Senior Product Manager, Shareholder Experience
CartaWaterloo, ONa month ago
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
To learn more, here is what one of our investors wrote about leading our Series F.
The Team You’ll Work With
You will be working with the Shareholder Experience Team. We work with the largest user base in Carta, ~500K employees, and spend our time solving challenging problems to help our Shareholders accept securities, exercise their options, and understand equity. We are a close knit group that loves talking about “what if” and seeing the impact of our work both internally and externally.
We are forming a new team that will help improve foundational shareholder experiences, reduce support tickets, and provide more value to the end users, and with your Design and Engineering counterparts, you will be pivotal in helping drive these initiatives.
The Problems You’ll Solve
Shareholders' first touchpoint with the Carta platform is with accepting their securities. Within the Platform, Product team, we are looking for a strong Product Manager that can identify solutions to help make our shareholder’s first touchpoint a great experience. You will go deep on common account problems by understanding the way the data is modelled and use support tickets and usage data to prioritize high impact iterations. Over time, you will expand your roadmap to onboard users into new product offerings and work on experiences that bring cohesion across platform functionality.
- Identify and prioritize high impact problem statements
- Partner with your engineering counterpart to lead a cross-functional team to ship solutions iteratively and efficiently on both mobile and web platforms
- Manage multiple stakeholders across all areas of the business to gather expertise and get buy-in
- Communicate a compelling vision and roadmap to your team and articulate the impact of your work
- Use data to measure success, gain insight, and iterate on your feature set
We are looking for a strong designer who can drive strategy, ideation, prioritization, problem solving, and product delivery. If you are passionate about building intuitive solutions to complex problems that drive direct value to users, we would love to talk with you.
- You have at least 4 years of product management experience and an interest in Fintech
- You have a bias to action and the ability to ship products quickly through prioritization and trade-offs.
- You are able to balance uncertainty with vision, creating long term plans while understanding when they need to change
- You have both high IQ and EQ and are able to solve a wide variety of problems from user issues and data problems to team collaboration and dependency management
- You enjoy working with a fast paced, passionate development team
- You’re curious and always want to go deeper, becoming an expert in each domain you touch
This position is based in our Kitchener-Waterloo office and candidates will be expected to be based in Kitchener-Waterloo.