- Are you a champion for the role of architecture in business transformation?
- Are you a systems thinker with a talent for recognizing patterns and opportunities?
- Are you willing to play a leadership role and collaborate for designing valuable architectures / solutions?
- Are you passionate about data and eager to make a positive impact on a knowledge based organization?
- Do you want to join an award-winning culture and thrive in a place where work-life balance is possible?
As a Provincial Crown Corporation, our mission is to create uniform assessments and trusted property information that supports strong and vibrant communities in BC. Our people are the key to our success - they drive our business, bring our values to life and truly help build communities. We value BC and also, truly value our people.
- Work-life balance – 35-hour work weeks, hybrid work options and flexible work schedules (flextime = 26 long weekends a year!)
- Public Service Pension Plan – one of the best in Canada, allowing you to plan for your future!
- We are proud to be able to work, live and play within British Columbia.
- Health and Wellness - generous extended health and dental benefits through Pacific Blue Cross and an Employee Assistance Program to help support our employees overall well-being.
- Career development – we want you to grow and learn with us! We provide ongoing learning, leadership development and career development scholarship program
- An award-winning culture – watch our culture video!
BC Assessment is currently looking for a permanent Senior Programmer Analyst (Data Architect) to join our Enterprise Architecture team. This position plays an active role in the design and implementation of BCA’s digital future. The Senior Programmer Analyst collaborates with individuals across the organization, promoting sound data architecture principles, supporting major technology-related decisions and governance, and helping business and technology subject matter experts design great solutions.
Key responsibilities include:
- Actively contribute to enhance the maturity of the Enterprise Architecture practice and deliverables.
- Promote the alignment between Enterprise Architecture and business strategy.
- Apply architecture principles and methodology to the delivery of business value.
- Create high quality diagrams that promote a common understanding and effectively simplify the communication of complex architectures.
- Work closely with a wide range of technical and non-technical experts to ensure technology deliveries are supported by the appropriate architectural implementation.
- Facilitate design sessions and foster collaboration between technical and non-technical professionals.
- Provide your expertise and contribute to major technical decision making.
To be successful in this role:
You are curious, open minded, able to adapt and encourage others to adapt. You’re a true team player and a servant leader. You communicate well with both technical and non-technical audiences, and you understand listening is just as important as speaking. You pursue a clear understanding of the issues you are facing before you provide solutions, and you are able to recognize patterns across incomplete or seemingly disconnected information. Your passion for architecture design permeates the work you do, and your visionary capability is grounded in realistic approaches to technology evolution. Last but not least, you do what it takes to stay up-to-date with the evolution of technology trends and industry standards.
This position is included in the bargaining unit.
- Location: Victoria, BC
- Compensation: $90,599.47- $106,498.39 annually plus 6.25% Temporary Market Adjustment (TMA)
- Competition Close Date: Thursday August 10th @ 11:59PM
Please note, we intend to conduct interviews for this position in September.
- A university degree in computer science, software engineering, application development, or information systems.
- Prefer Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS - .Net, Windows workflow foundation
- applications), or Oracle Certified Associate (OCA), and Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS
- - SQL Server).
- A minimum of five years progressively responsible application development, system design and deployment and integration experience for enterprise wide delivery, including consulting, mentoring and leadership of staff, contractors,
- Demonstrated experience in developing, maintaining, and enhancing applications using four or more of the following technologies is mandatory: .NET framework, SharePoint, SOA (Service Oriented Architecture), Web services, Agile methodology and tools, Windows and UNIX Operating Systems, Oracle and SQL Server databases
- Experience setting up standards, policies and best practices in application architecture and development methodologies is essential.
- Experience as an enterprise/data/solutions architect delivering a broad range of information technology solutions based on hybrid cloud environments is preferred.
- Experience with information security, network and technology infrastructure design and/or maintenance is desirable.
- Proficiency in advanced SQL and PL/SQL programming.
- Please complete the full application for this position, including your education, certifications and experience that are relevant to and/or required per the stated qualifications. If you are an internal employee, please ensure that your employee profile contains your relevant education and experience.
- Upload your resume and cover letter; once you submit your application, you will not be able to add documents.
- If a questionnaire is present, please complete it fully. Responses may be used to shortlist candidates against the stated job requirements.
- All BC Assessment employees must live in British Columbia. If you do not currently reside in, or live within commuting distance of the location(s) of the position to which you are applying, please make clear your relocation intentions as part of your cover letter.
Offers of employment are conditional upon a satisfactory Criminal Record Check. All information provided in your application may be subject to verification. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of qualifications and/or supporting documentation (e.g. copies of certificates, diplomas, degrees, driver’s license) as a condition of employment.
At BC Assessment, every person and every voice is important. We are committed to making BC Assessment the best possible place to work and ensuring that our policies and practices are equitable, supportive and pro-active. Our hiring practices reflect this and we are committed to ensuring that our workforce reflects the people of British Columbia. We strive to create an environment where everyone can succeed, free of systemic barriers.
We are committed to ensuring that reasonable accommodations are made available to persons with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection processes and will provide reasonable accommodations upon request. If you require assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us.