This position is located in Victoria, however, other locations may be considered subject to Ministry operational requirements. We offer flexible work arrangements, remote work is allowed.
Natural Resource Information & Digital Services (NRIDS) is the information management/information technology (IM/IT) service provider and organizational partner to the Natural Resource Ministries (NRM). As the centralized authority for all information, geospatial data, and technology across the NRM, NRIDS is leading the transformation and modernization of business practices through new and innovative technology solutions, continuous improvement projects and operational IM/IT solutions.
The Senior Programmer Analyst leads and coordinates application development teams in the application development lifecycle and in planning, designing, developing, testing, enhancing and maintaining mission critical applications of significant complexity (multiple platforms, environments and technologies requiring integration of new and legacy systems), and cost.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Undergraduate Degree or higher in Computer Science or related discipline and 2 years of related experience*; OR
- Diploma in Computer Science or related discipline and 3 years of related experience*; OR
- An equivalent combination of education, training and 4 years of related experience* may be considered.
*Related Experience must include all of the following:
- Experience with structured and object orientated programming in a complex rules-based environment.
- Experience leading and participating in product teams including product owners, application developers, business area users and technical resources.
- Experience working with a broad number of application development and deployment tools.
- Experience in data modelling, process modelling, and/or business area analysis techniques.
For more information and to apply online by March 14, 2023, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/97051