Senior QA Analyst
Altus GroupToronto, ON20 days ago
Who we are
Altus Group is a leading provider of software, data solutions and technology-enabled expert services to the global commercial real estate (CRE) industry. We are a single provider of end-to-end CRE solutions empowering clients to make informed decisions and drive strategic growth.
Headquartered in Canada, we have approximately 2,250 employees around the world, with operations in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific. We are at the center of what drives the real estate industry and continue to break ground every day with innovative solutions and best practices that touch every aspect of the real estate life cycle.
The next stage in PropTech solutions: Unlocking the value of data and predictive analytics
Altus Group is embarking on the next evolution of data, software and technology leading cloud products and services. As pioneers in the Proptech and real estate analytics spaces, we are growing our offerings to enable our global clients to unlock the value of data and leverage predictive analytics for better decision-making.
This journey represents an expansion of our data and analytical solutions to other Altus business units, including ARGUS Software, the industry standard for valuation and asset management software. We’re adding world class talent to our technical team; people who are interested in building the data infrastructure that will support the wide variety of global opportunities aligned to our client’s needs. As we take our new and existing cloud products to the next level, this initiative is one that our leadership believes is critical to accelerating the continued and future success of Altus Group and our clients.
Building on established market leading software and incorporating new technologies, we are creating an unrivalled platform to serve the global real estate industry. Reporting to the Head of Quality Assurance and as part of the new team, we are looking for a new Senior QA Analyst to join us in Toronto. In this role you will introduce automation tests to our new platform, plan and execute manual tests, and coordinate the work of offshore individuals, including organizing test plans, test cases, and tracking solutions. It’s a chance to start from scratch and work on this greenfield initiative, contributing to the build and maintenance of an automation framework for our new data lake and platform.
Who you are
You are a Senior QA Analyst with manual experience; and ideally exposure to executing automation tests. You want to expand your hands-on exposure and grow your skills maintaining and iterating an automation framework and working on AWS cloud products. You are a self-starter who can work autonomously and be a team contributor. You are solutions-driven and can navigate complex problems, planning the workflow when given functional requirements, test plans, or strategies.
What’s in it for you
Unparalleled exposure and impact. As part of both the global QA team and the new platform team, you will work alongside development, architecture, and product teams who are at the top of their game, solving problems that have never been looked at before. This is an opportunity to make your mark and truly accomplish something exciting as we focus on defining and driving our data and SaaS strategy. You will have the chance to work with NoSQL databases, APIs, and AWS. You will be mentored and given the opportunity to learn and expand your skills in writing automated test cases. You want to drive the testing of a global product and have the autonomy to make decisions around future automation.
Growth and career development. Altus fosters a culture of professional development and promotion from within. With retention rates double the tech industry average, and dozens of promotions within and across teams, this is a place to truly expand your skills and grow your exposure. The Data Solutions team offers individuals the chance to lead the scrums on a rotating basis and push the limits of what they do with dedicated time to further their individual areas of technical interest. As we move from building to scaling; from platform to product; and from storage to application, the opportunities to grow your skills, gain exposure, try new things, and make an impact will grow too. This is a chance to work towards growing and leading a QA team as our suite of data cloud products expands.
Our new Senior QA Analyst will:
- Maintain our integration automation framework written in NodeJS and Python.
- Create and execute test cases. You will translate high-level requirements into detailed test plans. You will design and review test cases to ensure all product customizations are fully functional within the more significant product integrations. You will create a sizable amount of test data in SQL and NoSQL/non-traditional database technologies to ensure the efficient transfer of data across three different platforms.
- Test. You will test newly developed features as well as analyze all feature requirements and devise appropriate and thorough test plans to perform manual and automated testing migration as well as integration testing.
- Collaborate. You will work closely with Developers and Business Analysts to:
- Understand the current and proposed architecture and enhancements.
- Ask questions and challenge specs/acceptance criteria, to ensure clarity and completeness from a QA standpoint.
- Proactively participate in endorsement/sizing/sprint planning/retrospectives.
- Proactively raise relevant issues and risks to the team and follow up as needed.
- Introduce and adhere to high standards. You will embrace our development methodology and apply best practices. You will follow a process that accurately logs defects with appropriate artifacts.
- Be Agile. You will set and meet weekly sprint deliverables.
Our new Senior QA Analyst has:
- The education. You have a degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- The experience. You have hands-on expertise writing manual testing for all aspects of complex software products. Exposure to executing automation tests is beneficial. You are comfortable discussing software architecture and understand how issues on the front end might be caused by problems with the databases or other backend components. You have hands-on experience with:
- Java or C# at a basic level and can apply that knowledge to testing backend infrastructure created in NodeJS and Python.
- Testing cloud products in AWS.
- Writing and executing API testing.
- Writing queries for databases.
- A range of modern automation tools such as Selenium and exposure to using Jmeter or Katalon would be beneficial.
- The innovation and the initiative. You think creatively in testing commercial grade software. You have a high desire to learn rapidly and expand your skills and your contribution. You can quickly become an expert on our product(s).
- The logic. You can build a picture of expected functionality and find the holes. You are driven to understand the framework behind the software, how the components fit together, and the technical interdependencies. You have an understanding of what and how certain types of data can and does influence results.
- The communication skills. You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and can relay expectations and needs clearly to offshore teams. You can build positive relationships with global stakeholders, end users, and members of a project team.
We thank you in advance for taking the time to learn more about what makes Altus a great place to grow your career and do some of your best work. Apply now, refer a friend or stay on top of what's new by following us on LinkedIn.
Come realize your potential at Altus Group!
Altus Group is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where employees feel valued and respected, and where every employee has the opportunity to realize their potential. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please contact us at email@example.com or 416-641-9500.
Need any more reasons to join Altus?
In 2005, we started with 400 employees and have grown exponentially to over 2,250 around the globe today. Altus Group employees don’t see boundaries, they see opportunity. They deliver results for our clients and our company and are recognized and rewarded for the value they create. This is an opportunity to work on multiple projects that encompass many industries, geographic reach, and high profile design.
At Altus, we want you to realize your potential. We value collaboration and knowledge sharing of best practices. We support professional growth and we actively seek out ideas. This is the place to present the newest research, to introduce the coolest tech, and see it come to fruition and be applied. Your work will make a difference.
Altus Group isn’t just about the amazing work we do. We work hard to create a dynamic company culture that reflects the values of our employees and what motivates them individually and as a team:
Altus Cares - We are always seeking ways to give back to our communities, and support causes important to our employees. We are actively involved in local charity work and we believe in laying the groundwork for a more prosperous future. Our personal highlight is our involvement with Ronald McDonald house in four different countries where we volunteer every September as a company.
Education - We believe our employees represent the best this industry has to offer and we want to reflect their commitment to education and continued learning.
At Altus Group, we are proud to say that many of our teams are comprised of members who have been here five years or longer. We think that speaks volumes about our atmosphere and our people.
Opportunity awaits - come realize your potential at Altus Group!