Who we are
At Personify, we build strong connections with our clients so they can build strong connections with their communities. One of the most diversified and fastest-growing technology providers of integrated software solutions, we are innovative leaders in the industry and respond to the needs of our clients through products that include:
- A2Z Events, a multi-event platform that enables clients to manage their events from start to finish, including floor plans, financials, managing contracts and sponsorships, and increasing engagement through mobile applications and a networking suite.
- Community, an online community platform for those with common interests to connect, learn and collaborate.
- Wild Apricot, an all-in-one solution that automates and simplifies workflows enabling nonprofits and associations to manage their membership, streamline their processes, and make room for human connections.
- Member Clicks, an easy-to-use member management cloud solution aimed at small to medium-sized nonprofit organizations and associations.
- ThreeSixty, an enterprise management solution for associations, nonprofits, YMCAs and JCCs to engage, manage and grow their membership.
- And more.
At Personify, we're in the relationship-building business, powering conversations, donations, events, and foundations through analytics, tools, and robust backend management systems. With 300+ employees in our offices in Austin, Atlanta, and Toronto, and as part of remote teams across Canada and the US, we're the people designing the technology that reaches 30,000+ clients resulting in 3B+ interactions a year with our products. Joining us is a chance to take your skills and expertise and build solutions for the real world that strengthen the connection between clients, their mission and their communities.
Who we need
We are looking for a Senior QA Automation Engineer who is passionate about learning new solutions, technologies, and skills and driving software quality. As a member of the Research and Development team, you will be primarily responsible for ensuring quality products are delivered to our users. You will collaborate with cross-functional product squads to develop manual and automated test cases and execute test scenarios. If you enjoy taking on new challenges, working in a rapidly changing environment, learning new skills, and applying it all to solve large and impactful business problems, we want you as part of our team.
What’s in it for you
Cutting-edge technology and a collaborative squad. We are using the best available technologies to deliver modern, engaging, reliable, and scalable experiences to meet the needs of our growing audience. This is a genuine opportunity to work on products deployed every few weeks to end users, be part of a continuous improvement-focused team, and be mentored by the Team Lead and the Manager. With the goals of understanding the source code and independently building new features or modules within 12 months, this is a career-building opportunity.
Career growth. At Personify, we offer a balance between established and responsive, between new and tenured. We are proud to say, many of our team members have been here for 5, 10, or even 15 years. And, we have people who've joined us recently. You will have the option to try new avenues and pivot back if that's what you need to do your best work. Joining us as a Software Development Engineer in Test is a chance to grow into a Senior role, move into a Developer position, or follow a people management career progression.
How you will make an impact
- Build automation framework, creating end-to-end automation tests at scale. You will:
- Identify test scenarios and create Functional test cases based on User Stories, User Cases and Requirements and execute these against the product to ensure verification coverage of software requirements.
- Implement, and routinely be involved in executing automated tests (unit tests) to ensure that logic and syntax are correct, and that program results are accurate.
- Create and maintain suites of automated test scripts.
- Document defects with details and diagnostic information and tracks and verify these to closure.
- Analyze and reproduce client reported bugs to understand a scenario of replication and priority
- Utilize your expertise and knowledge to help drive QA best practices and process improvements
- Participate in and contribute to Release planning, Scrum activities such as backlog grooming, sprint planning, retrospectives etc.
- Collaborate. You will participate in and contribute to Release planning, Scrum activities such as backlog grooming, sprint planning, retrospectives etc. You will work with
- Automation engineers to identify and prioritize areas for significant efficiency gains through test automation.
- Product owners and designers to understand business requirements, limitations and capabilities.
- Developers, business analysts, product owners, and other testers to deliver quality solutions to our customers.
- The development team to ensure defects are resolved.
- Continuous improvement. You will apply and grow your expertise and knowledge of the latest technologies, tools, and solutions to help drive QA best practices and process improvements.
What you bring:
- The experience and the growth mindset. You have 5+ years of automated testing of front-end and back-end services for web-based solutions. You are projecting and task-oriented with a focus on thoroughness and details. You have participated in at least one end-to-end cycle of a new product release.
- The technical skills. You have strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals, including data structures, algorithms, and design patterns as well as a clear understanding of quality assurance terminology, methods, and tools and experience with manual and automated Test Case creation and execution. You have hands-on experience with:
- Selenium, Selenium Grid, Gherkin, Mountebank for automated testing and TestRail for manual testing
- Database Queries (Preferably on SQL Server).
- Defect tracking systems. (Preferably JIRA).
- Programming languages (Preferred: C#, .NET).
- The collaborative approach. You have flexible and effective communication skills. You understand the concepts of collective responsibility and ownership and practice active listening and empathetic engagement across diverse perspectives. You are driven to stay at the cutting edge of technology, continuously learning and growing. You have outstanding communication skills. You respond to change by adapting. You have a quality mindset and dedication to delivering high-quality products.
Why join us?
We are committed to creating a balanced, inclusive, and equitable workplace.
- We recognize and appreciate the varied experiences, backgrounds, and knowledge our team can bring to our culture, operations, products, and relationships internally and externally.
- We have an impactful recruitment diversity strategy to increase representation across the company at every level. And, we're working with our teams to create employee resource groups that further support our people in the safe spaces and ways they need to feel heard.
We're proud of our evolution. We promote -and live- a culture of not just listening but acting, making ourselves available and accessible.
We're a great place to work.
Guided by our values, inspired by our clients, and forging ahead with optimism and the commitment to service of a new President and CEO, Scott Collison, at the helm, Personify is driven by our purpose. We empower our clients, from small nonprofits to large enterprise organizations, to build strong connections with their communities, ultimately enabling them to achieve their missions. And, our leadership team brings profound expertise and a deep commitment to taking Personify to the next level.
With generous paid-time-off, flexibility, and the option to be fully remote, we prioritize the well-being of our teams. Choosing where to power up their laptops empowers our employees to connect with each other and our clients from anywhere while meeting their life demands and without sacrificing their performance. In fact, we know it makes them do better, feel better, and enjoy being part of our company.
Recognized by Built In Austin in its Best Places to Work Awards in both 2019 and 2020, we spend our days creating a virtual place and physical space where people are comfortable being themselves, feel supported and heard, enjoy each other's company, and have an opportunity to shine.
Personify is a company made up of people who like to work with brilliant teams passionate about delivering exceptional solutions to our clients. We're a place to make an impact, see the difference, and accelerate your career doing something you love.
We know not everyone gains their education and skills the traditional way, so if you feel you have 70% of the qualifications you are looking for and you are ready to make a difference, submit your application. Of course, we can't promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider the full scope of who you are and what you bring.
Personify is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran or disability status, or other protected characteristics.