Senior Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst
What’s most important to you? A great place to work? A stable, successful company? Or making a meaningful impact?
How about all of the above?
We are a rapidly growing startup helping small businesses outcompete the giants; we improve their inventory management (an underappreciated problem!) with our powerful yet easy-to-use software and hardware.
We’ve been stable, bootstrapped and successful since 2007. We started by dominating the desktop inventory software market with over a million downloads, and transitioned to the cloud and mobile since 2017, opening up new technological possibilities and accelerating our business growth.
We do our absolute best to show respect and compassion to customers, employees, and job applicants, and people tell us that Archon is an amazing place to work. You can of course check us out on Glassdoor, our website, or what to expect when applying for a job.
We’ve got an amazing group of talented and friendly people here, and we’re looking for world-class talent, like you, to join us!
Hybrid work - one day/week in the office
We know that in the software industry, you can get most of your day-to-day work done outside of an office. We value the freedom and flexibility that comes from being able to work from home; in fact, we’ve been pioneers in mostly-working-from-home for over a decade, waaaay before it was cool.
We also believe that it’s important to be able to build real human connections (dare I say, friendships?) with your co-workers, and that there’s no substitute for in-person bonding time for this. These connections (friendships?) build trust and encourage open and honest conversations; they’re good for business AND good for well-being.
That’s why we require that employees work one day per week (typically) in our beautiful Toronto office, with this in-person time focused on team gatherings, monthly free lunches, and other activities that are best done in-person. Other days, you’re free to work from home, the office, or any productive environment.
Some of our job benefits
- Health and dental benefits
- Top-notch computers. We hate slow computers too!
- $500 fitness benefit (for gym memberships, bicycles, FitBit, etc.)
- Subsidized internet and phone plans
- Make a difference: you'll be the 55th member of our tight-knit team
Tell us what’s wrong with our software! You’ll explore new features and improvements, be in charge of finding bugs, suggest improvements, and help ensure that it meets user needs. Your technical expertise will be key in getting to the bottom of issues, and your interpersonal skills will help you in coordinating work and clarifying issues.
- Perform exploratory software testing on changes in our desktop, web, and mobile apps, checking from user interface details to the nuances of complex business calculations.
- Work closely with our product managers, developers, and designers to ensure that we’re both building the right thing, and building the thing right.
- Track down bugs and problems at any level of a complex software architecture.
- Communicate clearly and concisely with customer-facing teams and customers to track down problems, and verify that they are fixed.
- Managing the pre-release testing processes, including checking on automated tests, manual testing as needed, and coordinating with other teams.
- Make the call to defer a release if it’s not ready.
- Continually work towards improving our QA systems and processes.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or comparable work experience
- 3+ years of technical experience in a software company
- Experience digging into logs and SQL databases to get to the root of the problem
- Proven experience understanding and troubleshooting a complex software architecture (e.g. REST APIs, browser consoles, cloud server logs, and virtual machines)
- Quick and enthusiastic learner of new technologies
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical, logical, and quantitative skills for tracking down bugs
- Disciplined, skeptical and methodical mindset
- The drive and courage necessary to ask challenging questions and work with multiple people to push for change
Nice to have (but not necessary)
- Experience with small business inventory management
- Some ability to write test automation or application code
- Bonus points if you find any bugs in this job posting ;)
What are you waiting for? To apply, go here now:
At Archon, we celebrate diversity as an equal opportunity employer. We hire people based on what they can contribute and we provide equal pay for equal work.