Senior Quality Assurance Specialist
Delta ControlsSurrey, BC - Remote opportunities available20 days ago
Title: Senior Software Quality Assurance Specialist
Job number: 000506
Company: Delta Controls
Department: Product Development
Area: Product Development , Software Quality Assurance
Our Product Development team is looking for a Senior Software Quality Assurance Specialist.
Start date: ASAP
Work location: This position is located in our head office. Remote work may be available during COVID-19.
City: Surrey, BC
Schedule: Full time
Our Product Development team an opening for a Software Quality Assurance Specialist at a Senior level.
The SQA Specialist is the expert in designing, developing, and maintaining our test plans and scripts. They play a critical role on our software development team to create products that will be installed in high-tech buildings around the world.
We are searching for an innovative and creative software tester who is passionate about creating quality software. You are an experienced software tester who is complemented with a software development skillset. Your job will be to create test strategies for new features and systems. The testing is a combination of manual tests and test automation scripts based on existing Python frameworks. Our goal is to automate as many tests as possible. All of our software QA team members contribute to the development of automated tests.
Our products span a wide variety of technologies that the Software QA Specialist must learn as they implement test plans. We have teams working in a variety of technology areas such as embedded systems/firmware, wireless, Windows applications, Apps, Web interfaces, LAN/WAN networks and database applications.
About Delta Controls
With over 350 distributors, and installations in more than 70 countries, Delta Controls is recognized as a market leader in the manufacture of open-protocol building automation systems. Our world-class technology, combined with our approach to business, attracts exceptional professionals to our company and high-caliber system integrators to the Delta Partner distribution network. Our vision is to produce remarkably intelligent products and innovative building solutions that allow buildings to think for themselves, all to help empower people and preserve our planet.
Our core value is Do It Right, the foundation of all phases of our business and the inspiration for our employees’ and Partners’ daily actions. Together, vision and value guide the fulfillment of our mission: To bring intelligent buildings to life. Buildings are our business.
Delta’s Product Development Team consists of over 60 Software Developers and Testers. The team designs, implements, and validates all the software for our embedded systems, PC, and web-based applications. As a member of the Project Team, the SQA Specialist is responsible for planning, automation, execution, and reporting results for all testing activities.
We have a flexible and dynamic work place where you will have the opportunity to work with experienced software test leads, developers and engineers in a team environment. You will be working in place where everyone’s ideas and opinions are encouraged. Career growth and employee fulfillment are a priority at Delta Controls.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including extended health coverage, an RRSP matching program, and in-house fitness programs with professional trainers.
We value Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
Job summary, duties and responsibilities :
- Work closely with test leads and developers to design test plan strategies based on design documentation and requirements.
- Verify that new features are fully implemented and will meet our customers’ needs.
- Maintain test plans for changes in the product.
- Develop and maintain automated test scripts.
- Manual and automated test execution.
- Record test results and track issues for resolution.
- Verify that defect fixes are satisfactory on new builds.
- Contribute to the creation of designs for production software with a focus on testability, robustness, and performance.
- Ensure that product development teams are using best practices in software development.
- Provide test status and updates on an ongoing basis.
- Regularly identify usability problems and make suggestions for improvement.
- Identify and utilize any hooks or test shells that may be added to the product to aid in testing.
- Ensure that product development teams are following software development processes.
- Act as the system specialist who is a resource for other departments on product functionality.
Main skills required:
Main skills and qualifications, years of experience required :
- Thorough knowledge of software testing methods and procedures.
- Familiar with software development life-cycles and processes.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of automated and manual test methods.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to troubleshoot complex problems.
- Experience with Selenium Webdriver, Python, JUnit, NUnit, TestNG, etc. is an asset.
- Familiarity with networking concepts. TCP/IP, MS/TP, Ethernet, RS232, wireless is an asset.
- Experience with Windows/Linux Servers is an asset.
- RDBMS, SQL, stored procedures. MS SQL Server is an asset.
- Working knowledge of control theory and electronics is also an asset.
- Good understanding of embedded systems and small RTOS’s is an asset.
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Computer Science or work experience equivalent.
Years of relevant experience required: 3 years
Education required: Bachelor's degree
Number of openings: 1
In addition to the competitive compensation package, we also offer a unique work environment that is designed for people who like to work hard and play hard too! Here are just a few examples:
- On-site gym and weight room with personal trainers
- RRSP matching
- Comprehensive extended group health and dental benefits
To apply, go to our careers site at https://careers.deltacontrols.com. Complete or update your profile and submit your application online. Next, go to the applied jobs list to ensure your application has been fully processed. You are also welcome to add or manage job alerts within your candidate account.
If this position is eligible for remote work, candidates outside of our local area will be considered. If this position is not eligible for remote work then local candidates are preferred and no relocation will be offered for this position. For positions not eligible for remote work the candidate must be legally-entitled to work in the country where the job is offered, for any employer, without requiring sponsorship. While we will consider all applications, only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls, please. No outside agencies or recruiters, please.
Keywords: Python JUnit TestNG Selenium Webdriver RDBMS SQL TestRail