Senior Release Manager
Build a meaningful career
At LifeWorks, we offer more than career opportunities; we provide career opportunities to make meaningful contributions to people's lives. The extraordinary expertise of a more than 7,000-strong workforce is harnessed to support the employees and families of the organizations we serve. Our innovative programs have a lasting impact on the health, financial security and productivity of 24,000 workplaces.
LIfeWorks is on a mission to respond to the emerging trends impacting mental health and total well-being. Mobile devices, remote offices, the immediate and long-lasting effects of the global pandemic, and the need for employees and employers to find rewarding ways to commit to each other are drivers for our next evolution.
There are exciting times ahead, and we're looking for team members who share our enthusiasm, our drive, and our passion for improving business and improving lives.
Who we need
As part of our mission to impact 1 billion lives, we're looking for a passionate solution-oriented and hands-on technical leader to join us as a Senior Release Manager and play a critical role in our delivery process.
Reporting to the Director of Product Engineering, you will define readiness and automation for the CI pipeline of our new best-in-class mental healthcare product. You will drive coordination among product engineering teams and stakeholders to produce high-quality releases and deployments globally.
Whether you are a Senior Technical BA or a QA Engineer looking for a step up, this is a rewarding role as an agent of change. It’s an opportunity to apply your relationship-building and technical expertise to bring teams and processes together. It’s a chance to apply your insights into product management and coding to align technical deliverables with business goals to move the solution forward at the highest quality.
This position is fully remote, but you can choose to work out of one of our hubs in Toronto/Markham, Montreal, or Atlanta.
What's in it for you
Purpose, challenges, and influence. At LifeWorks, we're using cutting-edge tech for good. It's about as value-driven as it gets, and we are passionate about what we do, ensuring what we build is welcoming, resilient and scalable. After all, we have 38 million users, and our goal is 1 billion. This is an opportunity to play an essential role in the pilot schedule for our new product, including meeting two major release milestones this year. You will apply your experience to actively manage the release pipeline from planning and no-go/go-live to auditing the schedule and driving deliverables that align with our overall new product roadmap. And make a tangible impact elevating the process through continuous evaluation and improvement efforts that eliminate inefficiencies and introduce automation. It's a chance to grow your expertise, network, and influence as part of our lean engineering operations. As we continue to scale, so will your career with a direct path to technical or people leadership.
How you will make an impact:
- Collaborate. You will work with all IT, Engineering, QA, and Operations stakeholders to assemble cross-organizational project teams, coordinate deployment activities, and deliver towards release milestones. You will coach the business on test cases and consolidate a repository of test cases and results.
- Solution. You will proactively engage with cross-functional teams to solve issues and design solutions using critical thinking, analysis, and best practices. You will anticipate downstream consequences and effectively tailor the strategy to support a positive outcome. You will resolve issues when they appear and raise red flags when needed.
- Reporting. You will track progress and results of all required tests and approvals, analyze release blockers, conduct release meetings, and communicate release status. You will create metrics and dashboards to facilitate a data-driven approach to process improvement. You will manage all release documentation and repository to support audits requirements.
- Quality assurance. You will continually evaluate and improve the release effort by optimizing processes, removing inefficiencies, and automating manual steps. You will support and improve tools for automated testing and release management.
What you bring:
- The passion. You are a lifelong learner inspired to stay current with industry trends and think deeply about how new technologies can deliver business value.
- The technical knowledge. You have 3+ years proven expertise defining release readiness criteria and risk assessment, ensuring all changes meet criteria prior to deployment. You have driven large process improvement or automation projects and programs for commercial products. Ideally, you have experience with CI build systems and a high-level understanding of programming and cloud infrastructure.
- The interpersonal skills. You can build trust to lead others and influence decision-makers. You are a great team player who thrives in a collaborative environment, working cross-functionally with Product, DevOps, infrastructure, and Executive leaders. You have effective and flexible communication skills and can comfortably explain complex problems and technical solutions to a range of audiences.
- The education. You may have a diploma or degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field, but we know not everyone gains their skills through traditional academic training.
As designers and providers of technology solutions delivering access to the four pillars of wellbeing to global communities, we are committed to nurturing a remote and onsite environment that welcomes, embraces and appreciates the diversity of the people who make up our teams and the people that use our products. We value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized but valued.
If you feel you have 70% of what we are looking for and share our mission to make the workplace and the world better through wellbeing solutions, express your interest. We promise to take the time to consider the full spectrum of what you offer.
Where permitted by law, LifeWorks employees must be fully immunized to access a LifeWorks office or customer premises.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org