Ministry of Citizens’ Services
There is currently one position available. This position can be performed from any location within the province of British Columbia. The successful applicant may remain at their current home location in BC and enter into a telework agreement OR work from a ministry location where office space is available.
Senior Scrum Master
$72,724.97 - $83,014.85 annually plus 9.9% Temporary Market Adjustment
Reporting through the Office of Government’s Chief Information Officer, the Digital Office enables and accelerates a strong and coordinated digital ecosystem so that government can best meet the needs of those it serves.
The Developer Experience team is a brand-new team that aims to make life easier for software developers working across government to modernize digital service delivery. The team will support technologists with better resources, guidance, and tools.
The role of the Scrum Master is to guide and coach the Scrum Team on how to use Agile practices and principles to deliver high quality products and services to our clients, internal and external to BC Government, and to contribute to the improvement of Agile practices within the organization. The Scrum Master coaches the Scrum team in Agile frameworks, self-organization, cross-functional skillset, domain knowledge and communicates effectively to influence and drive decision making and support the team and organization. The Scrum Master manages expectations and timelines, resolves problems, and removes impediments to create self-organizing teams that are flexible and cross-functional and fully productive during sprints.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Degree in the Information technology or Information Management, or Business Administration (IT/IM) or related field AND 3 years directly related experience; or
- Diploma in a directly related field AND 4 years directly related experience; or
- Certification from a recognized institution in a directly related field AND 5 years directly related experience; or
- Some completed course work in a directly related field AND 6 years directly related experience.
- A combination of directly related education and experience may be considered.
*Related experience must include the minimum number of years of experience for each of the following requirements corresponding to the education listed above
- Being in a Scrum Master Role
- Experience with providing mentoring and coaching teams to adopt Agile values and principles.
- Experience in enabling, maintaining and collaborating processes and communication to support geographically distributed team by using multiple tools (i.e., Miro, Mural, MS Teams, Jira)
- Experience creating and delivering workshops (i.e., discovery, product iteration, alignment) aligned with Adult Learning Principles for team and stakeholders
- Experience developing and implementing organizational change through the lens of stakeholder management
For more information, and to apply online by December 26, 2022, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/94587