Ministry of Citizens’ Services
Victoria or Vancouver
Senior Security Analyst
$72,724.97 - $83,014.85 annually plus 9.9% Temporary Market Adjustment
Dedicated to making life better for British Columbians, the Ministry of Citizens’ Services (CITZ) delivers key services that people rely on. CITZ delivers accessible, multi-channel services, through a single-point-of-contact service approach to people in urban and rural communities through Service BC, and delivers the digital face of government at www.gov.bc.ca.
As a Senior Security Analyst, you will plan and conduct investigations with ministry, government, and the broader public sector scope while providing senior level investigative/incident response/forensic/technical leadership and direction to other investigative teams within government’s information security investigation program. You will address security incidents and impart authoritative advice about emerging trends, issues and developments in cybersecurity and IT infrastructure from a technical investigation perspective. Additionally, you will ensure proper cyber-evidence collection and management. You will have the opportunity to roll up your sleeves to acquire and analyze data from multiple modern data sources to inform your investigations and improve Governments’ security posture. You will work with all levels of government staff and management in your investigations and incident response.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Degree in Information Technology or related discipline, and broad IT/cyber security experience, or a suitable combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience leading technical investigations and handling multiple active issues in a high-pressure environment. Preference for more than 3 years.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in identifying and evaluating security risks from a business and technological standpoint.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in incident management and incident response.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with current and emerging technology trends, developments and best security industry best practices, current risks and developing threats; IT systems and systems maintenance.
- Preference may be given to applicants with a security related certification such as CISSP, CHE, GCIH, GCFE or GCFA.
For more information and to apply online by November 29, 2022, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/94369