Ministry of Citizens’ Services
Victoria or Vancouver
Senior Security Analyst
$72,724.97 - $83,014.85 annually
Dedicated to making life better for British Columbians, the Ministry of Citizens’ Services (CITZ) delivers key services that people rely on. CITZ delivers accessible, multi-channel services, through a single-point-of-contact service approach to people in urban and rural communities through Service BC, and delivers the digital face of government at www.gov.bc.ca. CITZ also provides support for the expansion of high-speed internet connectivity throughout the province, leadership across government to modernize information management and technology resources, trusted data services to government agencies, prompt and relevant responses to freedom of information requests, and statistical and economic research, information and analysis to businesses and the public sector.
As a Senior Security Analyst, you will be planning and conducting investigations with ministry, government, and broader public sector scope. You will provide senior level investigative/incident response/forensic/technical leadership and direction to ministry investigative teams. You will also conduct complex digital forensics and threat hunting. In the role, you will also address security incidents and impart authoritative advice about emerging trends, issues and developments in cybersecurity and IT infrastructure from a technical investigation perspective while ensuring proper cyber-evidence collection and management.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Information Technology or related discipline. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Minimum two (2) years’ broad IT/cyber security experience.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience handling multiple active issues in a high-pressure environment.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in incident management and incident response.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience with current and emerging technology trends, developments and best security industry best practices, current risks and developing threats; IT systems and systems maintenance.
- Experience with TCP/IP and networking fundamentals, network architecture, and security infrastructure's best practices.
- Experience with creating custom code/procedures using industry standard programming languages (e.g., Python or a JVM based language such as Java or Scala).
- A valid class 5 BC driver’s license is required. If you currently do not have a valid driver's (full) license in Canada and if you are the successful applicant, you must acquire a valid BC driver's (full) license immediately.
For more information and to apply online by November 22, 2022, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/93440