Senior Software Architect
Who we are
At Shoplogix, we are on a mission to create something extraordinary: a world-class global IIoT (Industrial Internet of Things) software company that delivers real-time, 24/7 impact to manufacturers around the globe.
We empower our clients in 32 countries with information and insights to advance their operational excellence strategy. Our cloud-based performance management solution delivers real-time visual tracking and analysis of production, integrates powerful reporting capabilities, and accelerates continuous improvement.
Who we need
Reporting to the Manager of Software Development, we are looking for a Senior Software Architect who wants to bring their expertise in the design and development of complex products deployed to AWS, to play a lead role on our team.
You will partner with and guide the work of the development team building and deploying new cloud features and modules, implementing best practices, recommending advanced tools and approaches, and providing peer reviews. You will work on all aspects of the software development life cycle, including QA and fixes for support tickets.
At Shoplogix, we work using a Kanban and Agile development methodology to manage shifting priorities and ensure the delivery of high-quality software. We’re looking for a highly motivated Architect who takes pride in creating the best possible solutions.
What’s in it for you
Exposure, impact and influence. You will be a senior member of a collaborative and agile team responding to the needs of manufacturing clients with the technology to optimize their business and grow their revenue. You will see your ideas come together and go live as you contribute to solving real-world problems.
Career development. You will be part of an organization that promotes from within, with the chance to move up to a Technical or People Leader here or in another area of Constellation Software if that interests you.
How you will make an impact:
- Create in-demand product features. You will architect and build the framework of our solutions and new releases. You will design, develop and deploy new features and modules. You will increase your understanding of our products and continuously grow your knowledge in IIoT.
- Set exceptional standards through collaboration. You will introduce and implement guidelines and expectations for reliable quality code, lead peer code reviews and test automation, and ensure that each release meets our high-quality standards. You will propose optimizations for enhancing the reliability and speed of our platform.
- Research and analyze. You will spearhead architecture discussions, presenting well-thought-out ideas and evidence for choosing a particular tool, process or method.
You will bring:
- The growth mindset. You are a critical thinker who can creatively solve problems while continuously pursuing knowledge. You have strong Computer Science fundamentals (object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem-solving). You have expertise across the full development life cycle working within an Agile Scrum or Kanban framework. You prioritize writing high-quality, readable, maintainable, well-commented and long-lasting code. You have an ongoing interest in staying ahead of the curve for modern frameworks and approaches. Ideally, you have exposure to building solutions for industrial clients.
- The collaborative approach. You can build trusting relations and efficiently guide the work of in-person and remote teams. You are quick to identify when priorities need to shift and take feedback from both leaders and peers. You are comfortable with ambiguity and willing to figure things out when no clear, defined path or process is outlined.
Shoplogix is a division of Constellation Software, one of the largest and most successful software companies in Canada and the most successful technology stock in Canada over the last 10 years [TSE: CSU]. We are in a unique position with the long-term and full backing of Constellation Software, including access to their best practices and career opportunities. At the same time, we have a highly entrepreneurial and dynamic culture as a fully autonomous company.
This is the chance to get in on the ground floor as we lead the manufacturing industry's digital transformation on a global scale. With a focus on continuous innovation and making data accessible and actionable, we use the latest technologies to build IIoT solutions that solve everyday problems. We take great pride in our first-class team and inclusive, collaborative culture, fostering an open-door approach at all levels. With access to mentorship and best practices, our environment is one where everyone can share ideas, build knowledge, learn from each other and contribute to their career and our success as a company.
And, when COVID-19 pandemic restrictions are lifted and gathering no longer poses a threat, we look forward to returning to some of the fun we have outside of work, including: weekly indoor/outdoor soccer games, movie nights, mountain biking team races, indoor climbing gym near the office, frisbee golf, beach volleyball and golf tournaments for the whole office.
Diversity and inclusion are not mere words on paper to us. We welcome and appreciate candidates with a range of backgrounds and experiences. If you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for and want to play an integral role in changing an industry, apply to express your interest.
Shoplogix welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.