Ambyint is a leading provider of AI-powered optimization software for the energy industry. The platform helps oil and gas producers increase production, reduce operating costs, increase workforce scalability, and minimize their environmental footprint. By leveraging physics-influenced AI models, deep subject matter expertise, and advanced analytics, Ambyint revolutionizes production optimization and automation. With a commitment to innovation and sustainable operations, Ambyint is dedicated to shaping the future of energy production.
Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, we are building our local Calgary team.
We will also consider remote candidates within Canada for this role.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Senior Software Developer at Ambyint, you will report to the Software Development Lead with the objective of leveraging/applying the latest cloud native tech stack (always open/pushing for more) to solve a diverse set of problems related to the oil and gas industry.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work independently and as a team member to deliver a successful product to market
- Help mentor new software engineers, providing them guidance and feedback
- Develop, enhance, and maintain the existing application software components
- Focus on open standards and open source before seeking a proprietary solution to a problem
- Work with the technology team to develop end-to-end features across our cloud, mobile, and web infrastructure
- Look forward: work with the team to explore new ideas through experiments, prototypes, and fast feedback
- Utilize SCRUM and Agile methodologies to complete tasks plus accomplish workflows
- BS/MS in engineering, computer science, or equivalent relevant experience
- 10+ years of experience in taking a feature from concept to delivery and support
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds
- Experience with Kafka and event-driven architecture
- Experience with non-relational data stores such as MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.
- Experience with SQL based database systems such as SQL Server, Snowflake, etc.
- Experience with cloud computing, specifically AWS
- Familiarity with ETL/ELT data pipelines and core data warehouse concepts
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
WHAT SETS YOU APART
- The gratification of a job well done comes from the satisfaction of your ‘customers’
- It’s in your nature to be efficient and do it really well, while you always deliver on what you promise
- Your strengths come from collaborating with others
- Continuous learning and improvement are part of your mantra
- You are curious, creative, biased for action, and love solving problems
- You don’t assume that you are the best and have the humility to learn from others
WHAT SETS US APART
Ambyint is a scale-up company, possessing all the exciting edginess of a start-up with solutions that are proven and advancing daily. We pride ourselves on the strength of our team and company, and the positive environmental impact we are driving. We live by a simple and effective set of values.
- Be the change you seek...
- We play as one fun, cool team
- We are at one with the Customer
- We are relentless & relevant
- Performance powers progress
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
The opportunity to make a difference in a cutting-edge technology company that is highly spirited and focused on being a leading contributor in the energy transition space. We offer an environment steeped in creating a rewarding professional experience and having some fun along the way. We work in a hybrid working environment with a diverse and talented team. We have a passion for taking on big challenges to create a wealth of opportunities and we will support your development and career goals. Additionally, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, & INCLUSION
At Ambyint, diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of who we are. Our commitment to these values is unwavering – across all of our work, teams, and interactions with customers. They are central to our mission and to our impact. The understanding that having varied perspectives and backgrounds helps generate richer ideas to solve the complex problems of a changing, and increasingly diverse world is paramount to who we are and how we work together as a team.
If you are a passionate professional that likes to work in a diverse team environment supporting an entrepreneurial culture with a focus on delivering exceptional value for our customers, we invite you to apply. This is your opportunity to join a growing company offering a competitive base salary and benefits.