Senior Software Developer
Senior Software developer
Join our Canadian reinsurance company and experience the passion it takes to empower and advance our mutual insurance community!
We are currently seeking a .Net Developer (C#) for our IT Department. The successful candidate will be responsible for building .NET applications and microservices APIs (using .NET, .NET Core, Angular, etc.). This individual will also work with Business product owners to come up with efficient solutions to streamline the business processes and will deliver on requirements for new and existing solutions. This role will help to continuously improve tooling and processes and will participate in peer reviews/QA.
The Senior Software Developer’s primary responsibility will be to design and develop our .NET and web applications, and to coordinate with the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential.
As the successful candidate, you will:
· Be a part of a team of developers to design and program high-performance, scalable multi-tiered applications and database solutions
· Recommend and implement system designs based on long-term IT organization strategy
· Work closely with business and systems analysts, and QA to develop alternative solutions to meet business needs
· Analyze production system problems and recommend solutions
· Investigate and solve production problems with minimal guidance
· Research and recommend technologies to the team and management to help keep our tech stack up to date
· Mentor junior team members in good coding practices and new technologies
Your Skills and Qualifications:
· 5+ years of experience with Microsoft .NET Framework / .NET CORE
· 5+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server and Transact SQL
· Experience creating backend .Net web services (RESTful APIs) development using C#
· Understanding of functional and object-oriented programming concepts
· A mentality of striving to achieve releases early and adding additional functionality to the releases or pushing code early.
· Highly motivated team player as well as a strong individual contributor
· Effective verbal and written communications, with an ability to effectively convey information, concepts, and ideas to others
· Degree or diploma in Computer Science or a related field
Join Our Team!
Recognized as one of Waterloo Area’s Top Employers 2022 as well as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers 2022, at Farm Mutual Re we are committed to inclusion for all and cultivating belonging where everyone can be their authentic and best selves. Operating since 1959, Farm Mutual Re is a general reinsurer, sharing in the property, automobile, liability and other risks originally accepted by insurance companies operating principally in Canada and the United States.
We’re passionate about empowering and supporting our employees and business partners. Our relationships are the foundation that help us advance the mutual insurance community. We take pride in giving back to our community and the environment. We hold ourselves accountable for the promises we make to our members, employees and business partners.
Our office is in Cambridge, Ontario off the 401 in a state-of-the-art, environmentally friendly building. Our employees enjoy perks that include complimentary access to an on-site gym, a variety of fitness classes, wellness coaching, a ping-pong table and mini massages as well as the flexibility to work remotely as we embrace the modern hybrid work environment. Our culture is supportive of achieving a balanced and healthy lifestyle. In addition to a great working environment, we invest in our employees continued professional development, offer a competitive salary, employer-paid benefits, pension plan and more.
How to Apply:
Don’t miss this opportunity to join our team. Visit our website and complete our Employment Application.
In accordance with our company values, Farm Mutual Re is committed to creating an equitable, diverse, and inclusive work environment for all, regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or age.
Farm Mutual Re is committed to providing accommodations and to achieving a barrier-free workplace for individuals with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation to participate in our recruitment process, we will support you by considering your individual accessibility needs.